- Chapter FOUR -

They all spotted Brinley with Landon and a smirk made its way to Carlota's face.

Brinley stood up to go greet her best friend but stopped in her tracks when she realized what she was wearing. It is not like her to wear something like that to a family gathering. It completely contrasted with her sweet personality towards her parents. But what shocked her the most was the fact the guy she had been crushing on for a full year was there with Carlota.

"Brin, hey!" She called out walking towards her. "You've met David. Him and I recently started seeing each other." She lied, making sure it hurt her.

"We've met?" He asked Brinley with a confused look on his face. "Oh wait, you were that chic in my geography class! The last time we saw each other you had the biggest crush on me." He chuckled. "But now I'm with your best friend. Kinda funny how that turned out."

Now, Carlota knew how much of a d*ck David was but she was using him to get back at her and David was there because she promised him something in return which she wasn't going to give.

They all made they're way to the table where it was pretty awkward. "Well," Carlota's mom spoke up. "Since both Carlota and Brinley have guests, would you two like to introduce yourselves?"

"I'm Carly's boyfriend." He smirked kissing her cheek and squeezing her thigh which made Carlota cringe. "So happy to be part of the family." He teased but no one laughed.

"I'm Landon; Brin's boyfriend, thanks for having me." He smiled his eyes glued on Carlota's own.

His eyes then moved from her eyes to the cleavage making a slight erection. "Do you mind if I excuse myself?" He asked standing up from the table and leaving.

"Um, I'll go with you, Carlota, come with us." Brinley snapped standing up and leaving with Carlota following behind.

"What are you doing wearing that dress?" She asked once no one was around. "You're trying to seduce my boyfriend, aren't you?" She quizzed.

"How dare you!" Carlota whisper shouted. "Why would I do that?"

"Maybe it's because you've been ignoring all my calls and texts."

"I know you didn't want me at the party and you think I'm just trying to steal him from you, but I wasn't trying to." Carlota was telling the truth because the word 'wasn't' was present.

"Okay, fine. I should have invited you. I'm going back, you coming?" She asked once she cooled down.

She shook her head. "I need to freshen up, I'll be right back." She spoke walking away from her.

After a short walk to the balcony -where she'd usually go if she was upset- which Brinley didn't know about she met Landon there.

Her heels clattering on the ground caused him to turn around. "You're following me, love?" He smirked.

She just rolled her eyes and took a seat next to him. "I don't know how you manage her. I'm thinking of breaking up with her and trying my luck with you." He smiled.

"If you break up with her, trust me, I won't be seeing you." She chuckled.

"I doubt that," He smirked. "give me your number, just in case." He ordered passing the girl his phone.

She shook her head. "Everyone's waiting for us, Landon," She whispered in a sexy manner before walking off and leaving him there.

*-*-*

That's all for today. Sorry if this chapter was a little cringy or unpleasant. At this point, I was still trying to discover Carlota's personality and the people around her so I put them all in a situation like this. 

I DO NOT want Carlota to come off as a horrible person. That's why I made Brinley a horrible person so Carlota had a... reason for doing this. Please don't think I'm trying to show Latina women are homewreckers. That's not what I'm trying to convey.

Updating Friday 26th February 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU WANT CARLOTA AND LANDON TO HOOK UP?