- Chapter NINE -

She approached the door and wanted to knock but the door was immediately opened for her. "Come in." She instructed grabbing her arm.

Once she was inside, she braced herself for the complaints and insults she was about to throw at her. She only wished she'd get more mad at Landon.

"Landon is cheating on me." She blurted out.

The sweat on her brows began to form. "With who?" She asked, playing with the ends of her straight hair.

"I don't know yet," She trailed.

Carlota allowed herself to breath. She didn't know, which means Landon didn't rat her out, but she still wanted to know how she found out.

She picks up a white shirt which I recognize. "Look at this." She pointed to the brown stain on the shirt. "This is brown powder." She explained. "Brown powder that only a female will wear."

Carlota bit down on her lips. "Where did you get his shirt from?"

"Well like yesterday he came over to my house and I noticed it immediately. I still had sex with him though."

Carlota cringed to the thought of that. The same day she had had sex with Landon, he had sex with Brinley.

"I'm sure you're over exaggerating. Maybe it was a friend that hugged him." She reassured her best friend but she knew it wasn't helping.

"No, I want to ask him about it." She protested, picking up her phone.

Carlota jolted up. "No!" She exclaimed. Brinley gave her a look that caused her to turn away. "Do you want Landon thinking you're a crazy psycho girlfriend he can't trust?" She questioned, causing her to think about her choice.

"No. If I confront him then I'll know whether I can trust him or not. I'll put it on speaker for you to hear." She spoke, putting the phone on loudspeaker.

It seemed to ring for an eternity. It went straight to voicemail. "Oh wait, I forgot he was in a meeting."

Brinley gazed at my outfit and then a frown made its way to her face. "Why are you dressed like you've just been to a meeting?" She questioned her best friend.

"I had to help Yasmin with something. It was really boring." She sighed, trying to ignore the steamy moment she had with her best friend's boyfriend.

Brinley subconsciously rolled her eyes before walking into her mini kitchen. She sighed, and picked her phone up to see a message from a mysterious number.

'Why is Brinley calling me?'. She puzzled herself about how Landon got her number.

'She thinks you're cheating on her.' She explained, quickly.

"Who are you texting?" Brinley asked, surprising Carlota.

"Yasmin. She wants the car back. I'll talk to you later Brinley." She explained, quickly exiting the house.

As she walked outside she saw Landon by the entrance. "Why did you leave so soon?" He asked me.

"I have a few questions for you Landon." She began walking over to her car. He got in the passenger seat. "How did you get my number?"

"I got it from Brinley's phone." He confessed, locking eyes with her.

Landon loved anyone who could give him direct eye contact and lucky for Carlota, Brinley wasn't a fan of it.

"If you had sex with me yesterday why did you have sex with Brinley literally a few hours later?"

"The only reason I left my place was to go see Brinley. I just so happened to see you by the bus stop and decided to give you a lift." He shrugged.

She felt hurt by his words. To think he came out in the rain for her. "Now I'm going to ask you some questions,"

She glanced at him, irritated. "Do you understand, I'm only f*cking you because you're pretty? That there's nothing between us?"

She rolled her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. "Yes, I understand that." She responded, not looking at him.

"Did I hurt your feelings, love?" He chortled.

"Ligeramente," She responded, subconsciously. "That means not at all if you're wondering." [Spanish Translation: Slightly]

One thing she didn't want to happen was to end up falling for Landon. She told herself it wasn't possible. He was a two-faced, self-absorbed, selfish, insensitive human being.

Well, she was a few of those things as well. "I need to pick my sister up." She spoke up, breaking the silence between them.

"Okay, have fun. I'm going to go talk to Brinley." He announced stepping out of the car.

She raced down the road, realizing Yasmin would be mad. She'd been gone for almost 20 minutes and Yasmin was only giving her 5 minutes.

While driving, her mind was occupied with Landon. It wasn't fair to be used. Landon got two girls and much more while she only had him. She wasn't going to allow herself to be stuck with just Landon. In fact, she was going to make Landon beg. 

*-*-*

Cheating is NEVER attractive but guys I love Carlota and Landon sooooo f*cking much.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WHAT DO YOU THINK CARLOTA WILL DO?