- Chapter FIVE -

"I'm sorry Carlota was acting so strange." Brinley said through gritted teeth. "She's usually more, not like that."

"It's fine," Landon replied, entering the last digits of Carlota's number and saving it. He opened the door of his expensive apartment and saw his 14-year-old sister; Annie.

"Finally, you're back. I have this huge school project that I-" Annie stopped herself from continuing when he saw a young lady clinging onto her brother's arm. "Who's that?"

"This is my girlfriend; Brinley." He responded.

Brinley looked at the girl up and down. "Is there something wrong with her face?" She asked Landon, still looking at the girl.

"Excuse me?" He said, offended.

"Oh, you have that thing! Drose-syndrome." She said with a smile. "That's so brave of you."

"First of all, Brinley," Landon began removing his arm from her hand. "Educate yourself, it's down-syndrome and what's so brave about having it?" He questioned her with a disgusted tone. "It's time for you to get the f*ck out. Don't come back till you understand simple things." He hissed showing her out.

"But Landon I was-." He slammed the door at her face.

"Stupid b*tch." He muttered walking to his sister and hugging her. "I promised you, I'd protect you from anything and anyone." He whispered, kissing her head.

~

It had been 2 days since Carlota had heard from Brinley and she was beginning to get worried. Did she find out? Did Landon snitch? Were her parents going to get involved? All these questions raced her mind until she got an unexpected knock on her front door that wouldn't stop.

"Ya voy!" She yelled out as she made her way to the door. [Spanish Translation: I'm coming]

She tied her hair in a ponytail before opening the door to see a distressed, Landon.

"What are you doing here? And how did you know where I live?" She questioned eyeing him but before she could get an answer he pushed himself in locking lips with her.

He closed the door behind him and picked Carlota up as she slowly wrapped her legs around his waist. They shared their first kiss which Carlota found exhilarating and sexy all at once.

"We can't do this." She muttered against his lips but he just gave an annoyed look.

"Because you have a boyfriend or because Brinley is your friend?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"No, it's be-."

"It doesn't matter." He cut her off kissing her again and finding his way into a random room and closing the door.

"What the hell!" A voice yelled causing the two of them to break the kiss. They both look over at Carlota's step-sister; Yasmin. "Dad told you he didn't want David in the-." She cut herself off to only realize it wasn't her so-called boyfriend. "Wait, you're Brinley's boyfriend and you're kissing, " She said putting two and two together.

Landon groaned out. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't home alone?"

She rolled her eyes at his stupid question. "I tried to but you said 'It doesn't matter'" She replied mocking his British accent. "Look, Yasmin, please don't tell anyone this happened." She begged her sister.

"You have to come with me to that event tomorrow and then I won't tell your mom you were about to lose your virginity." She chuckled. "You know, he's not even worth it." She muttered, going back to typing something on her laptop.

Carlota and Landon walk outside of her room. "I'll take you to my place so we can do it." He offered which caused her to cringe.

"No." She firmly said. "Yasmin just ruined the mood. I can't."

"You need to stop trying to find ways to protect her. She doesn't like you, Carlota and neither should you!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

She thought of the worst thing that could happen. Brinley would stop being her friend and she'd have one less toxic friend and would be comfortable screwing him.

Carlota sighed and played with the ends of her curly hair. "Let me get dressed first. Wait in your car."

*-*-*

Ouuu, it's starting. A bit of warning for if you don't like smut.

If you don't like smut then you won't really enjoy the book because there's quite a lot of sex scenes.

If you do like smut you might be a bit disappointed because I'm not a pro.

Updating Sunday 28th February 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU THINK CARLOTA IS DOING THE RIGHT THING?