- Chapter THIRTY ONE -

She arrived home to see her mother and Joey on the couch. She raised a brow and looked around. No police this time. "Yes?"

"Carlota, I understand why you're mad at me but running away for four days to come back whenever you'd please is very wrong."

"Why? Dad left us for 11 years and came back when he felt like it. So why can't I?" She snapped.

"Carlota, you missed your big test and scored 0." Joey said.

Carlota's mouth dropped open. "W-what! 0? That's impossible. The lowest I've gotten was a 73 and I was late to the exam. Mom, please tell me he's joking."

Joey handed the phone to her as she read the results over and over again. She couldn't believe it. She promised her school that she wouldn't fail a single test or else.

"They also cancelled your scholarship. Look, Carlota, Joey and I won't be able to pay for your school fees without that scholarship. You might have to,"

"Might have to what? This is your fault! This is also dad's fault. Because of you, I can't go to school anymore. Why did you let him back in our lives?"

"Carlota, this isn't your mother's fault nor is it your father's fault. This is your fault for staying with someone who couldn't remind you to go to school." Joey spoke, protecting Camilla.

She froze in shock and stepped back a bit. She didn't want to blame Landon because of how sweet he was becoming but, she didn't want to blame herself.

She stormed to her room, slamming and locking the door. She failed her test and they aren't giving her the scholarship anymore. She's not going to be able to be a doctor. Something she's longed to become.

The only reason she wanted to be a doctor was to cure her father of whatever 'sickness' he had and now she's grown a love for it. She didn't want to drop out.

She cried not believing this happened. Once her father came back into her life everything became horrible. And once Landon was acting nice she had a reason to hate him.

Her sobs were interrupted by a notification from Landon.

'Hope you're not still sulking'

She rolled her eyes and threw her phone on the other side of the bed.

Landon had not only ruined her friendship she had now ruined her shots of becoming a doctor and she hated him for that. She wanted him to feel exactly the same way she felt. She wanted him to feel hurt or shocked.

Scheming and thinking of ways she could expose Landon, nothing good could come to her mind. Everything resulted in Brinley finding out about their relationship, but that's when it hit her.

The only way she could annoy Landon was by telling Brinley about their relationship. She could expose Landon and Brinley would break up with him. Sure, he wouldn't care that much but it would be nice for Brinley to get hurt in the process.

Her mind was made up. She was going to tell Brinley tomorrow right after Landon picked her up for Dinner. And she was going to feel great about it.

~

Playing with Cj, she waited for him to pick her up. "Carrot," The baby babbled.

She looked at him and smiled. He shook his rattle up and down. Cj wasn't too good at sounding out words yet, so he called Carlota Carrot because of how similar the words were together. She calls Yasmin Yam.

She enjoyed staying with Cj. He didn't ask too many questions, was usually doing his own thing and was really sweet. Carlota loved children in general. Well, she loved babies, she didn't like it when older children, 5-11, would ask ridiculous questions with no use to their lives.

She read her phone which had a text from Landon saying he was here.

She sighed, not ready to tell Brinley. She picked up Cj and walked to Yasmin's room. "Hi, Yasmin." She said, dropping Cj on her bed.

"Cj woke up from his nap?" She asked.

She nodded her head and sat next to them. "Just make sure he goes to sleep in thirty minutes." She said.

"Are you going to tell Brinley?" Yasmin asked with a worried look.

She nodded her head standing up.

"Landon likes you, Carlota. Like he genuinely likes you, a lot."

She sighed and ignored her. "Bye, Cj." She called out leaving the room. She walked out of the house to see Landon outside his car by the passenger seat.

"Hurry." He said, with a smile.

She dragged her feet and entered the car as he held the door open for her. He got in and began driving to Brinley's house.

"You didn't respond to my text yesterday. Did something happen?" Landon quizzed.

"Yes," She mumbled, looking at the box of tissues where he spotted a condom.

"It's for you and me later." He said, noticing her gaze. "What happened yesterday?"

"I came to a conclusion."

"Which is?"

She turned to look at him and he looked at her, driving a bit slower. "I'm going to tell Brinley you've been cheating on her."

*-*-*

As much as I love Carlota, she's really stupid to want to do this.

Updating Monday 5th April 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU THINK CARLOTA WILL ACTUALLY DO IT?