- Chapter FORTY FOUR -

"Why Carlota? Why must you leave me?" Landon complained, acting like a bigger baby than usual.

"I'm not leaving you." She said, rolling her eyes. "Arabella wants me over for her birthday slumber party. Not going to lie, that sounds childish, but Arabella is cool so I don't mind." She shrugged.

"No, you're leaving me for this Arabella girl. Why?" He whined, hugging her from behind.

"Landon, you're going to mess up my makeup, stop." She commanded.

Despite her words, it didn't stop him from kissing the corner of her lips and neck. "Can I persuade you to stay?" He asked.

"No." She said bluntly, waving him off.

Giving up he moved away from Carlota and collapsed on her bed. "I guess I can stay with Brinley." He sighed, pulling out his phone.

"You're right, you can. And hopefully there'll be a cute guy there ready for me to f*ck." She teased with sarcasm.

"You better not." He warned.

"Then you better not." She retorted. "I'm ready to go. So drop Yasmin and I off."

~

The three of them looked at the mansion Arabella lived in and Landon was immediately rolling his eyes.

Luckily for him Vincenzo wasn't around. Landon wasn't on Vincenzo's good list for working with Giovanni once and Vincenzo wasn't on Landon's good list either.

He was meant to work with his mafia, but it didn't bother Landon too much. He didn't want Carlota or Annie tied up in that. Also, Landon and Vincenzo had never actually met each other.

Yasmin knocked on the door as Landon grew warry. Although he had no reason to, he still felt jealous.

Arabella opened the door with a frown on her face. "You're an hour and 30 minutes late." She said. She was sounding like Vincenzo.

"Sorry, someone insisted on somebody staying home with him." Yasmin spoke, glaring at Landon who was up against Carlota's back.

Arabella looked Landon up and down and smiled. "Wow, Carlota." She said with a smile.

Carlota rolled her eyes and collected Yasmin and her bags from Landon. "I'll see you later." She said, kissing his cheek.

He nodded walking back to his car.

"So how's the sleepover been?" Carlota asked.

"Not good. It was a bad idea to invite Casey. She hates Amelia's guts and she's trying to pull me away from her." She explained which earned a laugh from the two girls.

"Well, we'll ease the tension." Yasmin smirked as they walked into the house.

They walked into the living room and Yasmin locked eyes with one of the girls in the room.

Aurora was shocked to see Yasmin standing not too far away from her.

"Yasmin, Carlota, these are my other friends. Casey, Aurora and Emily."

"This will be fun," Yasmin mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Carlota asked her in a whisper.

Yasmin gave her a look then looked at Aurora. Carlota already sensed the tension between them and nodded her head. "Whatever it is, go talk to her." She advised.

~

"Hi." Yasmin said, a little too eager.

Aurora looked at her and then looked away. "Hi." She said.