- Chapter FORTY SEVEN -

"I hate how Carlota couldn't come with us," Leighanne complained. "I hate your girlfriend, I don't want to see her again."

"Relax, Annie. You'll never have to see her after tonight I promise."

She pouted and looked down at her brother's neck. "Why do you have those marks and scratches on your neck?" She asked, bringing her hand to touch his neck.

He touched his neck to realize it was Carlota. He wanted to yell at her. He told her not to give him hickeys this time but of course, she had to do her own thing.

"I don't know," He shrugged, not wanting Annie to know about hickeys.

Rolling her eyes she turned to look out the window. "Just make sure you cover them up when Brinley's here. She won't want to hear you've got a bunch of hickeys that weren't from her."

"Who told you about hickeys?" He questioned, looking straight at her.

"There's no time to explain." She said, nervously. "We're here."

He let go of it. For now.

Landon opened the door for Annie and they made their way to the table Brinley's parents reserved for them.

Annie awkwardly sat down making sure Landon sat right next to her. "Sit with me." She whispered as she was pulling his arm.

He didn't resist and sat right next to her. "Good Evening, Mr. and Mrs. Taylor, I'm your daughter's boyfriend; Landon." He introduced, reaching his hand out to shake them.

"Oh, we know. Brinley never shuts up about you." Her mother teased, laughing.

"It's as if she wants to get married to you." Her father hinted.

The truth is, Brinley's parents arranged this meeting so Landon would get the hint and propose to her. They loved how he had money, good looks, and on top of that, he was charming.

Landon laughed it off, while Annie gave them a cautious look.

Mr. Taylor realized the look he was receiving from Annie and gave her a look back. "Is your," He paused, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Leighanne is my sister." He confirmed, cutting him off. "And is my sister what?"

"No, nothing. I was just going to ask if she was going to introduce herself." He smiled.

"Your daughter's dating me not my sister. So is that really necessary?"

Brinley sighed, kicking his leg under the table. She knew how rude he could get when people brought up his sister. Could you blame him? Landon King will go really far for the people he loves.

"Let's just order." Mrs. Taylor said, waving a waiter over.

~

The dinner was what Annie would call, absolutely and utterly crap. She hated the slight remarks Brinley's parents would make when Landon wasn't paying attention. She was hoping this would result in him breaking up with her.

"Do you want anything for dessert?" Mr. Taylor asked Annie in a baby tone.

She glared at him and ignored his question. She was just waiting for the night to end. Not to mention it was past her bedtime.

"Listen, Annie, we all understand your pain being around people with much more normal faces than you but you don't have to be rude about it. Could you apologize to my parents for your rude behavior?" Brinley ranted.

"Okay, first off-." Landon began but was quickly cut off by Annie who used her fingers to shush him.

"No, Landon. You shouldn't have to speak up for me. Being in boarding school has taught me a lot of things. Like how to stand up to people, get thick skin and not tolerate people's sh*t."

"Language." Landon reminded.

"But if there's something that I could use that I've learned right now, is to clap back at you. Mr. Taylor, you smell like expired perfume, and Mrs. Taylor, your laugh sounds like a crooked door. You both are horrible people." She snapped.

Landon was trying his best not to laugh while Brinley was trying her best not to snap.

"Oh and Brinley? I would hate to leave you out on this. Your boyfriend's been cheating on you since day one with Carlota and the only reason he dated you is because I forced him to so he would stop being up in my business!" She yelled, causing all their mouths to drop; including Landon's.

"F*ck all three of you." She finished, standing up and walking out of the restaurant.

"Landon!" Brinley yelled, standing up to walk towards him.

"I don't have time for your sh*t right now, Brinley." He informed, speedily walking towards the car.

Landon had to rush to Carlota because he knew Carlota and he knew how wealthy Brinley's parents were. This was going to end in a catfight and a lawsuit.

"I'm going to Carlota's house." She informed, picking her bag up and rushing to the car.

Right now, Landon and Brinley were in a race to make Carlota's house first.

*-*-*

Damn, that really just happened. I'm doing a music exam right now. I think it's going okay. ICT EXAM WAS SHIT. I KNEW ALL THE ANSWERS BUT I HAD TO SKIP A 26 MARK QUESTION BECAUSE 3 HOURS WAS NOT ENOUGH.

Nobody even finished!

Updating Sunday.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT ANNIE DID?