- Chapter THIRTY TWO -

Shocked, he turned to look at her properly. "You're going to tell Brinley I've been cheating on her with you?" He asked, trying to confirm it.

"No, I'm telling her you've been cheating on her. That's it." She shrugged facing to look back outside.

He continued driving to Brinley's house slower than before. "You're joking, Carlota. What did I do to you in the span of 30 hours?"

"Landon, I'm not allowed to go to school anymore because of you. Because I was busy with my head up your a*s I forgot to take a huge test which resulted in me failing, which resulted in me losing my scholarship. Nothing good comes from you so I'm getting rid of you." She ranted.

"How is that my fault? You came to me. You're the one who said you came for sex, how is that my fault? Sorry for being so irresistible to you."

She ignored him and continued to watch the outside scenery.

"Okay, fine, Carlota. I dare you to tell Brinley. I f*cking dare you." He warmed, pulling up in front of her house.

"I will." She responded, with confidence.

"Get to the back." He ordered, getting out of the car. She opened the door and went to the back of the car as Brinley was helped into the front by Landon.

Once they were both at the front they exchanged a short kiss and Landon began taking off to the restaurant.

"Carly, how have you been?" She asked, causing the long staring contest between Landon and Carlota to break.

Looking at Brinley who turned to look at her a frown formed on her face. "Brinley, I have to tell you something." She began which really pushed Landon's buttons.

Landon only wished she was joking.

"Landon's been cheating on you from day one and he doesn't love you." She let out, finally having that weight being lifted from her shoulder.

Her mouth opened and then closed and opened again, as she was trying to form words. She looked over at Landon who was staring outside the window. "Tell me she's lying."

"She's lying." He lied, causing Carlota's mouth to drop open. She didn't understand how he could lie so easily without feeling bad.

"No, he's lying. If you're not cheating on her, then explain to me why you have a condom in your tissue box?"

She grabbed the tissue box to find the condom in there. Landon knew that Brinley liked a specific brand and this wasn't it.

"It was for us later. I was planning on dropping Carlota off early so we could have sex. It's a different brand because I was in a rush." He covered up.

"Fine. Then why were you at a strip club, Landon?" She questioned. She was really trying her best to expose him.

"Why were both of you at a strip club?"

"I was at a strip club for a business meeting. As bizarre as it sounds, it's true. Yasmin was organizing it which is why Carlota knew I was there. I would never cheat on you, Brinley." He responded.

She was left shocked at how smooth he was. It annoyed and also amazed her.

"Listen, I didn't want to say this in front of Carlota, but I don't really like her. She's the only friend you have that I find obnoxious and she doesn't like me either. She's trying to keep us apart, Brinley. She's toxic. You need to get rid of her." Landon said. He was trying to turn the tables on Carlota.

"I know she is. I've never liked her either and you know that. Landon, I love you so I'm willing to make the sacrifice for you. Carlota, from now on you have no business with me or Landon."

"What!?" She yelled.

Landon stopped the car and his grip tightened on the steering wheel. He didn't want to do any of this to her. She knew how upset she'd be but he had to do this. If he was protecting Carlota it would seem too suspicious.

"Carlota, you can find your way home. Get out." Brinley spoke as if she owned the car.

"Fine! I didn't even want to stay with you f*ckers anyway. You're horrible people who are made for each other. I hope you choke on his d*ck Brinley and I hope you both get an STD and die!" She got out of the car and slams the door, leaving them to drive away.

She began crying uncontrollably. She hated herself for saying all those things but she knew they deserved it. She hated Landon now and she hated Brinley.

She used her phone to dial Yasmin because she knew Amelia was in Italy with a friend. Yasmin was her best friend after all.

She picked up instantly. "I'll come get you, don't worry. Just tell me where you are." She said, grabbing her keys and getting into the car.

Carlota smiled as her sister knew she was in trouble. "I love you, Yasmin." She smiled while crying.

"Yeah, yeah. I know, you can pay me in helping me achieve my lesbian fantasies." She joked, trying to make her smile.

"Ugh, shut up, Yasmin." She groaned, cutting the call. She sent the address of a nearby shop and waited for her to come and get her.

The cold feeling wasn't due to the weather because it was close to Christmas. It was due to the humiliation Landon caused for her.

*-*-*

It would be a bit more predictable if I made her chicken out plus Carlota ain't no p*ssy. Hope you completely hate Brinley now.

I honestly didn't want to do that thing where I'd make the best friend some Pick me girl. Brinley was originally meant to be a nice person and make the sexual tension higher between Landon and Carlota because they'd feel too bad to hookup behind her back but when I tried writing that it was reallyyyyyyy hard.

I just had to make Brinley a b*tch or else the story wouldn't progress well for my level of writing.

Plus I originally wanted Landon to confess to cheating on her here but I wanted to make the story a little longer because the ending would have been a bit difficult and there's still a lot of unanswered questions.

Like what happened to Carlota's dad? When will Arabella and Carlota meet? When will Yasmin and Aurora meet? Annie's new friends? And I'll answer all of them.

Updating Wednesday 7th April 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WOULD IT BE BETTER IF LANDON DEFENDED CARLOTA.