- Chapter FORTY EIGHT -

"I'm sorry Landon. I just hate-."

"Don't be sorry, Leighanne. You don't deserve people to treat you like that. I'm so proud of you, but did you have to expose me in the process?" He chuckled, speeding up.

"Slow down, Landon. You're going to have an accident." She said, covering her eyes.

And then it hit him. He stopped the car abruptly and stared at the road.

"Why did you stop? Brinley's passing us." She said, pointing to Brinley's car.

He turned the car around and began driving in the other direction. "Brinley doesn't know where Carlota is right now, which gives me an advantage. I can drop you home and then drive to Vincenzo's house."

"But I want to get in the drama." She whined.

He smiled and looked at her. "I'll tell you all about it when I come back home."'

~

He rang the doorbell a few times waiting for a response. Landon didn't quite get why Vincenzo needed a big house when only three people lived in the house.

That's why Landon lived in a nice apartment. It was rich, big enough for 3 people to live in but it was reasonable. Not this 100 bedroom house.

What Landon didn't know is that this was Vincenzo's house since childhood and he promised himself he'd never leave it.

The door opened and Landon and Vincenzo were face to face. Landon found out who Vincenzo was and Vincenzo the same.

They weren't on good terms but they weren't going to do anything because of the women in their life.

"Sorry for barging in like this but I need to pick Carlota up, right now." He said urgently.

"Let me guess. She found out you were cheating and now she's on her way to go b*tch mode on her."

He smiled. "You know, you and I aren't that different, Vincenzo. I could take over your girlfriend's gang if you'd like." He suggests walking upstairs.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I already promised myself it would go to Luca's sister once she woke up." He explained.

They reached the top floor to see Arabella and Carlota talking amongst themselves. Carlota spotted Landon first and smiled. "How was your date?" She asked, with a laugh.

"Not too good. Annie got mad and told Brinley I've been cheating on her with you this whole time." He said like it was nothing.

Her mouth dropped in shock. "And you couldn't tell me to move to Mexico by now? I could be living with my Grandparents right now and you told me in person?" She questioned, causing Arabella to laugh.

"At least with things out of the way, you two can make it official." She spoke up.

Landon looked at her with a confused look. "It surprises me that you'd willing to go out with me despite knowing I cheat on all my girlfriends."

"Yeah, well. You've shown me a different side of you." She smiled, embracing him for a hug.

He just chuckled. "Okay, Carlota. Can I take you home now?" He asked, awkwardly.

Carlota moved away from the hug to give him a wary look. She nodded her head.

~

When she stepped into the house, Landon behind her, she was greeted by her mother's yelling. "Carlota Rosetta Santiago Smith. You've been having sex with your best friend's boyfriend like it was nothing?" She questioned as Brinley was standing behind her.

She was in tears but was still wearing a smirk.

Carlota responded by rolling her eyes. "Brinley, remember when you hooked up with Dante at the dumb party I wasn't invited to? This is really just a taste of your own medicine, except Landon wanted me."

Her mouth opened and she walked towards her. "You stupid b*tch! Who the hell would want you and your fake self? You're obnoxious, you're a homewrecker and you're a wh*re. F*ck you!" She yelled, trying to strangle her but she was pulling her hair away from her.

She gave up, breathing. "And you, Landon King. F*ck you! You're only doing this because I think your sister is a f*cking creep. How many times did you badmouth Carlota to me? Telling me how she's this and trying to hook up with you? You've done this time without number, and recently. Not to mention, your side piece bad mouths Annie almost as much as I do." She exposed.

"You don't deserve me, because I'm better than you." She finished off slapping him across his face. "And whether or not you realized this, I'm f*cking breaking up with you." She laughed, pushing him away from the door and leaving.

There was crying from the other room. "Don't go anywhere, both of you. I'll be right back." Camilla said, leaving the room.

"You talk sh*t about me? And tell Brinley I'm trying to hook up with you?"

"You talk sh*t about Annie?" He fired back.

"Not intentionally. I love Annie. The only reason I said sh*t about her is because Brinley knew. Brinley knew how much I found you f*cking attractive so I did it to shake her off." She explained.

"Well," He began but then shut his mouth. "Forget this, Carlota." He said, walking out of the house.

"What do you mean forget this! You're just going to leave my life only to come back a month later saying how sorry you are!?"

"No, because I'm f*cking done with you. Whether you were saying those stuff to keep us a secret, you still said those stuff, and a part of me knows you meant it."

"I didn't! How could you be done with me after a year of this? I never asked for you to f*ck me in the first place. You came to me that afternoon and I tried to tell you no. And you know what sucks the most? I came to terms with myself that I love you!"

"You love me?" He asked, not buying it.

She paused and realized she was crying. "Of course I love you, Landon. That's why I never questioned you whenever you were with Brinley. I never pressured you to break up with her. I never refused to let you go bare in me. And I never denied you in front of everyone. I love you Landon and I know you love me as well!"

"Well, you're wrong Carlota. I'm going to say this for the final time. You're just a bloody hookup!" He yelled getting into his car and slamming the door.

He drove off leaving Carlota all by herself once again.

*-*-*

Why am I lwk un-happy with this??? Idk, something about this chapter seems,,, rushed??? But then again this chapter was long over-due,,, LMAO. 

I'm going to finish up the book now because my exams are on Monday for 2 and a half weeks.

Basically, I told you guys there'd be a part two to this book so I'm going to take a week off of Wattpad, then after that week, I'm going to upload part two on Wattpad for you guys to just check out the first chapter and the description, yk? Then after my exams, I'm going to be updating.

Sounds good??? I don't want to be that type of author that'll take months or even a full year because that shit pisses me offfffff.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU FEEL BAD FOR BRINLEY, CARLOTA, OR LANDON?