- Chapter THIRTY -

She skipped school for almost 4 days just to stay away from her parents. Landon had been kind enough to let her stay here without her parent's knowledge. She didn't need a lecture about running away.

Landon came back from work to meet Carlota cooking. That was new.

It caused a smile to form on his face. "Um, you're cooking?" He asked, a little shocked.

"Why, you don't think I can cook? Just because you cook for me doesn't mean I don't know how to." She smirked.

"What are you cooking?"

"Gazpacho." She smiled, emphasising her Spanish accent.

"I'm guessing it's a Spanish based meal."

She nodded her head, turning her attention back to the soup. "Also, I've run out of underwear. I'm going to need more by tonight." She informed, which led Landon to smirk.

"About that, Carlota. You actually have plenty of underwear here. I'll show you." He left the kitchen to enter his room, searching for the lingerie he bought her when buying her some clothes to wear for when she'd stay over.

He came out with two. One in red and one in black, both different designs. "Would you put them on while you're cooking?" He asked, showing her them.

She rolled her eyes and went back to cooking. "Go wash your hands, Landon. I'm serving lunch now."

He sighed, doing as he was told. When he came back the cold soup was on the table for both of them to eat.

He sat down using his spoon to put a spoonful in his mouth. The bitter cold taste hit his taste buds causing him to want to spit it out instantly. But he didn't. For her sake. He swallowed it and smiled.

"How was it?" She asked, excited to hear his response.

"I love it. You are a great chef." He grinned. The truth was, it was the worst thing he had ever tasted. He thought Annie was a bad chef but nothing compared to Carlota.

"Really? I hate Gazpacho. I only made it because those were the only ingredients available." She shrugged sipping her soup.

"Carlota, it's nice." He reassured, trying his best to drink more. He wasn't going to finish this so he needed a way to distract her. "Guess who I was thinking about all day."

She smiled, turning her focus to him. "Tell me."

"I was thinking about you dressing up for me in the black lingerie I bought for you. But you won't even try it on. Why?"

She sighed. "Because Landon. I know you. You'll buy a $500 sex outfit for me, only to rip it off my body later."

"It's my money, Carlota. Why do you care?"

"Because. It's nice and I want to try it on and keep it, maybe." She shrugged, playing with her soup and spoon.

"Okay, well now I'm ordering you to put this on. Right now." He smirked.

Rolling her eyes, she picked it up and walked to the bathroom. "You can change here." He called out.

"You can't have your cake and eat it, Landon." She replied, closing the door behind her.

He waited patiently for her to get ready as he got a text from Brinley. 'Come over Landon I miss you.'

He rolled his eyes and typed that he was busy with work.

Brinley responded with a picture of her tits. 'How about now?'

He rolled his eyes once more. 'Baby, please stop distracting me.'