- Chapter SEVEN -

She shivered under the bus stop and continued to check her phone for the time. 10:59 pm. And she had to go to that event with her sister.

She groaned and realized she'd been waiting here for 35 minutes in the rain, under a bus stop, in shorts waiting for the bus. It wasn't coming.

She couldn't ask Brinley because of obvious reasons, she couldn't call her parents, and she didn't know whether she should call her sister.

Of course, she had other friends but these were the closest ones to her and had business about the situation she was in.

Suddenly a car pulled up in front of the bus stop which caused goosebumps. She waited for the car to move but it didn't seem to move.

She scratched her head in confusion as the car's window went down. "Get in." A familiar British voice commanded.

She rolled her eyes, not moving an inch.

He got out of the car and walked to where she was. He slowly sat down and absorbed their brief silence.

"Please get in the car." He finally spoke up.

"I'll take my chances with the bus." She muttered refusing to look at her.

He grew tired of her pettiness and decided to smash his lips onto her, creating a warm atmosphere. Of course, she didn't realise he was just tired of her being difficult.

Carlota had always been a fan of cliches so she enjoyed every second of that kiss, especially in the rain. "Please?" He asked again which Carlota gave into.

"Fine," She sighed.

~

"Let me ask you something," She said, breaking the silence. "Why did you decide to leave things on a high note? Why were you all of a sudden being nice to me?"

"Because," He smirked, slowing down the car in front of her house. "If I left things on a bad note, you wouldn't f*ck me again."

Her mouth opened at his words. "You truly are a bad person." She muttered, getting out of her car.

"Bye, Carlota!" He sang driving away.

Using her key to open the door she realized it was already opened. She pushed it open to see her mom waiting for her.

"Where have you been?" She questioned.

"I was at the library." She lied.

"You were at the library? At this time!? It's 11:23 Carlota! Where were you?"

"Okay fine. I'm sorry. I lost track of time. I was thinking about dad." She yelled back trying to force out tears. "He may have been a complete a*sshole but I still loved him at one point, and so did you." She broke down for real this time, sobbing.

"Lo siento, mi bebe," She cooed coming over to hug her only daughter. [Spanish Translation: I'm sorry, my baby]

"Look, I'm sorry. Go to your bed and get some rest. We can talk about this later." She reassured, still hugging her crying daughter. "I won't tell Joey if it makes you feel any better?" She smiled.

She nodded her head kissing her mother goodnight.

~

"Remember don't say anything stupid. Behave and don't go wandering off like you usually do." She instructed, fixing her hair.

"Shut up, Yasmin. It'll be fine." Carlota reassured her.

Admiring her straight hair in the mirror she was also loving how her step-sister was matching with her.

While Yasmin had a plain white vest with a matching grey blazer and trousers, Carlota has a plain white vest with a matching grey blazer and skirt. They honestly looked very professional.

"So were you with your boy toy yesterday?" Yasmin teased, poking Carlota in the cheek where she had very prominent dimples.

"Focus on the road!" She yelled as Yasmin just swerved onto the sidewalk and off.

They both calmed themselves down. "Now back to my previous statement. Where you with London?" Yasmin smirked.

"It's Landon," Carlota corrected. "And yes I was. You have to remember not to tell anyone."

"Yeah, yeah. Get ready, we're here."

*-*-*

Short chapter, yeah, yeah, I know, and I'm sorry. 

Updating Wednesday 3rd March 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YASMIN WILL DO?