- Chapter THIRTY FOUR -

After he woke up, he cleared up all the Christmas decorations everywhere. His head was a bit fuzzy but he remembered getting drunk on Christmas and ranting about it to her sister. He felt so ashamed.

Throwing out the wrapping paper he came across two gifts that were still wrapped. He ripped open the first one revealing a canvas and a bunch of paint brushes and paints. He read the card attached to it.

'Dear, Annie. It's a shame I wasn't here to watch you open this present. I know how much you want to paint so I've given you these to paint to your heart's content. Maybe when you're done with your masterpiece we can paint Landon's bedroom. Merry Christmas, Carlota.'

He dropped the card and canvas back down and opened the second one. He read the card first, slowly.

'Landon, I know you think my cooking/baking skills are trash so I made you a brownie to choke on, with Brinley. Hope your Christmas sucked a*s, Merry Christmas, Carlota.'

He didn't know whether to be happy that she communicated with him or upset that she did it in that way. He picked up the red box with the green ribbon and saw a single brownie inside.

A smile made its way to his face when he saw it. He didn't care how trash Carlota's cooking skills were. They were beautiful to him.

He put the brownie in his mouth and cringed at how much salt she used. It was also extremely tough. He wanted to spit it out but he forced himself to finish it.

"Wow," Hailie said with a groan. "I had a dream about this but your pants were gone as well." She cooed.

Landon cringed. He didn't want to tell her sister her only friend was a thirsty person but he chose to like her since she was her sister's only friend.

"Hailie, don't make it weird. You had so much sugar last night, didn't you?"

She nodded standing up. "How did I end up on the couch?"

He shrugged. "I'll drop you off at home when I get dressed."

~

Despite sobering up, he wasn't thinking straight. He'd been driving around Carlota's house for 10 minutes now, hoping she'd walk outside.

The door did finally open but it wasn't Carlota. It was Yasmin. With a bat. "What do you want?" She questioned, waving the bat.

He stuck his head out the window and Yasmin dropped her bat on the porch. She walked up to his car.

"Yes, Landon? What do you want?" She asked, with a bored tone.

"Nothing," He trailed, shrugging his shoulders. "I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to the family."

"Well, I'll pass your message on." She said, turning around.

Quickly, he grabbed Yasmin's hand to pull her back. "You're Carlota's sister and friend. You've known her for a while, right?"

"Landon, she's not home right now so if you want to talk to her, you have to call her." She informed, moving her hand away.

"Like she'd pick up the phone. Where is she?"

She shrugged looking at her phone. "She went shopping with Issac, which you don't know. Sorry I said that."

He furrowed his brows in confusion. He's heard that name before. "Issac? Enderson?"

"Yes, actually. How do you know him?" She asked, suspicious.

He began feeling slightly jealous. He hated his jealousy trait. He couldn't control it when it came to Carlota. After Brinley tried to hook up with someone he stopped feeling jealous towards her.

"Please don't tell her I was here." He sighed, in defeat.

"Why? I thought you came to apologize."

Yasmin could see he was clearly upset about what Carlota did but not only that. He was upset she actually stopped talking to him. "There's no use. I'll just focus on being a better boyfriend. Merry Christmas, Yasmin."

He drove off, leaving Yasmin confused. She didn't understand boys. They were confusing and never upfront about their feelings. She knew Landon liked Carlota. She just wanted him to stop hiding from it.

*-*-*

Well... that was a short chapter.

Updating Now.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU THINK LANDON AND BRINLEY ARE BETTER OFF TOGEHTER?