Jewelled Poignard of The Order of the Stephanine Cross

Type:                       14th Century Italian dagger

Inscription:       "Nec Prius Absistit Quoad Protero Prodigium"                                                                                              -                                                                     —  We shall not rest until the demon is vanquished 

Details:                 The Jewelled Poignard pictured below was extensively used by members of the Order of the Stephanine Cross. Commissioned by Pope Clement II in the year 1547, the secret order is reputed to still be ancient. 

The stated goal of the order was to prevent the demon Hecate from marrying a mortal and giving birth to a demon child. Hecate, Queen of the Underworld, can only be banished from Earth by the use of the Jewelled Poignard. 

In 1794, a Stephanine poignard featured primarily in the trial of Father Thomas of Kait. Father Thomas was put on trial for the murder of a young bride. Witnesses testified that the Father killed her at her wedding with his poignard. The case was dismissed because the body of the young bride could not be found. Whether she was Hecate or not has yet to be determined. 

The dagger resurfaced when Hecate, under the guise of Jade D'Mon, prepared for her wedding to Elliot Spencer. 

Now in the hands of a priest named Father Trask who gained access into the Spencer Mansion and attempted to kill Hecate with the dagger. Unfortunately, he was thwarted by Kirsten, Hecate's right-hand enforcer, who snapped his neck and then tossed his corpse out of a second-storey window. 

The dagger was then collected as evidence by Inspector Andy Trudeau who took it to Prue at Buckland Auction House to be appraised

The dagger was then collected as evidence by Inspector Andy Trudeau who took it to Prue at Buckland Auction House to be appraised. During her appraisal, Prue discovered the truth about the dagger and its supernatural purpose. 

She asked Andy if she could hang on to the dagger for further inspection, but in reality it was so she could use it to banish Hecate herself. Prue and her sisters gathered at the Spencer wedding ready to confront Hecate but were surprised from behind by her ferocious bridesmaids. 

During the scuffle the dagger fell out of Prue's purse and landed on the floor near Elliot Spencer who was just coming out from under Hecate's spell. As the bridesmaids and Hecate prepared to attack the Charmed Ones, Elliot picked up the dagger and Prue saw her chance. 

Using her telekinetic ability, Prue directed Elliot's hand to aim the blade directly towards the demons, activating its power and the dagger drew each bridesmaid, and eventually Hecate herself, into its silver blade, banishing them to the Underworld once and for all. 

Episode:                S1E6  "The Wedding From Hell