Melinda Warren's Warlock Curse

to trap a warlock and reclaim stolen powers

Type:               Curse

Details:          Melinda Warren, ancestor of the Charmed Ones and the first magical witch in their line, first devised this spell to use against her lover at the time, a warlock named Matthew Tate who had copied her powers and then betrayed her to the Salem authorities, condemning her to death. 

When Matthew came to visit Melinda in her cell just before she was to be burned at the stake he gloated that he never loved her and instead just wanted to share in her powers. Melinda then tricked him into opening the locket which activated the curse, which was then completed by Melinda's recitation out loud. 

The curse was designed to incarcerate the warlock within the locket for eternity and in doing so also restore Melinda's copied powers

Then hundreds of years later Matthew Tate was unintentionally released by Prue Halliwell who quickly resurrected Melinda Warren to her and her sisters in cursing him again. They found the curse in the Book of Shadows where Melinda's daughter Prudence had undoubtedly made the addition after having been told of its existence and use by her mother Melinda shortly before her death. 

Magic:

Ingredients:

- scallions                                                                                                                                                                                

- assorted herbs and spices                                                                                                                                                 

- a Spotted Owl Feather                                                                                                                                                          

- a leather bag                                                                                                                                                                         

- a locket.

Preparation:      

- combine the herbs and make it into a fine powder                                                                                               

- put the powder into the leather bag and add the owl feather                                                                             

- put the bag into the fire and let it burn while chanting the spell and holding the locket open,   pointed at the to-be-cursed warlock.

Recite:

"Outside of Time. Outside of Gain. Know only Sorrow! Know only Pain!"

Episode:         S1E9 "The Witch Is Back"