Brendan Rowe

the warlock priest

Type:                 warlock hybrid (half-human) 

Powers:           Brendan's active powers were not revealed but it is safe to assume that he possessed the passive magical powers that all warlocks and witches share -  spellcasting, potion-brewing and scrying ability. 

Details:            Brendan Rowe was descended from a long line of powerful warlocks, who would grown in strength with each generation until the arrival of three brothers. Together they would form The Rowe Coven and become the most warlocks in the world. 

Brendan wanted no part of this because unlike his older half-brothers, Greg and Paul, Brendan was not a full-blooded warlock. He shared the same warlock father but thankfully, he was born to a mortal mother and grew up separated from dark magic. In fact, Brendan had spent most of his life trying to suppress his wicked warlock characteristics and hiding from his brothers to keep them from turning him to evil. 

In an effort to become completely incorruptible by the evil of his heritage, Brendan began studying to become a Catholic priest.  This commitment of his soul to God would keep him safe from his brothers' dark influence forevermore. It would also prevent the great evils that would occur with the rise of The Rowe Coven. 

Greg and Paul refused to forego the power that their destiny would bring and so they finally tracked Brendan down in San Francisco just as he was to be ordained. They confronted him in the church, violently attempting to sway him from the priesthood until they were interrupted by Prue. She used her power to scare them off but Brendan fled as well. 

The next day, Prue spoke to Father Austin, who was the priest in charge and also something of a mentor to Brendan

The next day, Prue spoke to Father Austin, who was the priest in charge and also something of a mentor to Brendan. He directed Prue to the stables where she found Brendan and witnessed his kind, warm-hearted nature as he taught a little girl the value of life in all things. After the girl left, Prue approached Brendan but he hopped on a horse and rode off to avoid her.

After a brief chase on horseback, Brendan was impressed by Prue's tenacity and they got to know each other better. Both were taken with the other, but Prue was surprised that Brendan understood the danger he was in and she offered to help keep him safe. Brendan told her that he was to become a priest the following day and that only then would he truly be safe. 

After returning the horses to the stables, Prue caught up with Brendan in the church and was met with a grisly sight — a frightening warlock was crouched over the dead body of Father Austin. Before Prue could react the warlock backed away and transformed...back into the human form of Brendan Rowe! 

back into the human form of Brendan Rowe!