Grimlocks

the child snatchers

Type:                    demon 

Powers:              i. Sense Theft —  able to steal sight from other beings 

                               ii. Aura Choking —  able to constrict the throats of good people with their auras

                               iii. Portal Creation —  able to create doorways to other locations or dimensions 

 Portal Creation —  able to create doorways to other locations or dimensions 

Magic:                   To vanquish, use a potion made of shisandra root. 

Details:                Grimlocks are brutal, albino demons with whirling, psychedelic eyes and black trench coats who dwell in the sewer system. Violent and aggressive, they usually operate in pairs. 

Grimlocks will snatch a child so that they may steal his eyesight, which in turn allows them to see the golden auras which surround good people. They are then able to throttle the life out of these individuals by choking them with their own auras. The stolen eyesight will only last 24hrs and thereafter the grimlocks will consume the child. 

A pair of grimlocks had been active in San Francisco since sometime in the 1980's when they had kidnapped two boys and stolen their eyesight. One of the boys, Brent Miller, was found days later wandering the streets and blind. The other boy was never seen again. 

A decade or so later, the grimlocks snatched a boy named David Hatcher when he wandered away from his birthday party in the park to retrieve a ball. Prue witnessed his kidnapping and tried to intervene but was momentarily stunned when she channelled her power through her hands instead of her eyes. This gave the demon a chance to escape with David. 

Unbeknownst to Prue an opportunistic reporter named Eric Lohman had also seen her power

Phoebe tracked Brent Miller down, who was now a wealthy programmer for the visually impaired. Initially, Brent refused to talk about his ordeal because he had been ridiculed for it in the past, but Phoebe convinced him that she had seen some monsters of her own and that he could trust her.