The Nexus

the base of power

Type:                magical location

Powers:          Augmentation — enhances the magic of whosoever owns the location

Details:           A nexus is a geographical point which is equidistant from the spiritual elements of earth, water, fire, wood and metal, and as a result, it is a neutral source of exceptional power that be accessed by Good or Evil. 

A nexus immensely enhances the magic of whosoever owns the land upon which it rests, regardless of morality and its power can therefore be swayed either way — as a source of undeniable good or undeniable evil, and the area is usually a battleground for these two opposing forces vying for control. 

Those born on the location of a nexus are deeply connected to it and thus their morality can also be swayed either towards good or evil. 

Halliwell Manor stands atop a particularly powerful nexus located in the home's basement. The sisters' great-grandparents bought the land in 1906 and moved into the manor in order to claim the nexus for Good. It is believed that this nexus makes the Manor a place of ultimate power and explains why the sisters are strongest within their home.

In the mid 70's, when the sisters were still children, the Nexus beneath their home attracted a subversive, mysterious demon called The Shadow which was banished into the Nexus itself and trapped there by Grams

Status:             active

Episode:        S1E15  "Is There A Woogy In The House?"