4.16 On the Head of a Pin - part 1

(Your POV)

Sam is driving, Dean in the shotgun seat and me in the backseat. "Ruby will meet us outside Cheyenne. She's been tracking some leads. I know she's not exactly on your Christmas list, but if she can help us get to Lilith—" Sam begins, making Dean sigh.

"Hey, man, work with Ruby, don't. I don't really give a rat's ass." Dean says, making my eyebrows shoot up. I look between both brothers, keeping my mouth shut knowing yet another argument will come from this.

"What's your problem?" Sam asks. "Pamela didn't want anything to do with this and we dragged her back into it." Dean says, making me speak up. "Dean... We didn't know something like this would happen." I say frowning. "Doesn't change the fact that she's dead because of us Y/n." he says.

"She knew what was at stake." Sam then says. "Oh yeah. Saving the world. And we're doing such a damn good job of it." Dean says scoffing loudly. "Dean—" I say sadly. "I'm tired of burying friends, Y/n." he says.

"Look, we catch a fresh trail—" Sam begins, getting interrupted by Dean again. "And we follow it, I know. Like I said, I'm just—I'm just getting tired." Dean says, shrugging his shoulders. "Well, get angry." Sam says frowning.

Sam parks in front of the motel and we all get out. We open the door and enter the room, me first with Dean and Sam on my trail. "Ah, home crappy home." Dean says, making me roll my eyes and flip on the lights.

"Winchesters." Uriel says, making my eyes jump from him to Castiel. "Oh come on." Dean huffs loudly. "You are needed." Uriel says, making me scoff at him. "Needed? We just got back from needed." I say with a frown. "Now, you mind your tone with me." Uriel says, narrowing his eyes at me.

"No, you mind your damn tone with us." Dean yells. "We just got back from Pamela's funeral." Sam says. "Pamela. You know, psychic Pamela? You remember her. Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? Good times. Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five freaking minutes!" I yell, seeing Cas look down at the ground sadly.

"We raised Dean out of hell for our purposes." Uriel then says, scoffing at me. "Yeah, what were those again? What exactly did you want from me?" Dean asks frowning. "Start with gratitude." Uriel says, making me scoff again. Castiel looks over at me, frowning.

"Y/n, we know this is difficult to understand." He says, making Uriel give him a look. "And we—" he says, looking over at Castiel. "—don't care. Now, seven angels have been murdered, all of them from our garrison. The last one was killed tonight." Uriel explains.

I look over at Castiel and frown, since when does Uriel shut him up like that. "Demons? How they doing it?" Dean asks confused. "We don't know." Uriel says matter-of-factly. "I'm sorry, but what do you want us to do about it? I mean, a demon with the juice to ice angels has to be out of our league, right?" Sam asks confused.

"We can handle the demons, thank you very much." Uriel says, making me scoff again. "Ok do it then and leave us alone." I say, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Once we find whoever it is." Castiel says. "So you need our help hunting a demon?" Dean asks in disbelief.

"Not quite. We have Alastair." Castiel says, making me frown even harder. "Great. He should be able to name your trigger man." I say, shrugging my shoulders. "But he won't talk. Alastair's will is very strong. We've arrived at an impasse." Castiel explains, looking from me to Dean.

"Yeah, well, he's like a black belt in torture. I mean, you guys are out of your league." Dean says. "That's why we've come to his student. You happen to be the most qualified interrogator we've got." Uriel says, making me look at him in disbelief. Are they actually going to ask this of him? "Dean, you are our best hope." Castiel says, making me stand in front of my brother.