𝟒𝟔 | his two girls

𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒐, 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘, 𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕 𝒊𝒕

_______

MAY FERNSBY WAS ABRUPTLY AWOKEN OUT OF HER SLEEP BY THE FEELING OF A HAND CUPPED AROUND HER MOUTH. she flinched in surprise, and snapped her eyes wide open, expecting to see an intruder, instead it was only clarke, with a panicked expression etched across her features.

clarke slowly retracted her hand from may's mouth, and signaled for her to be quiet, may's mind was racing with so many questions as to why the blonde had awoken her with such an anxious expression. "i think there's someone in the house." clarke whispered discreetly, beginning to motion her to get up.

growing alarmed at the information, may was quick to sit up out of bed, and follow clarke out of the room. the eighteen year old began to grow frantic of worry for murphy and nini, as well as emori, she hoped that they were okay.

darkness consumed the halls completely as soon as they exited the bedroom, and may grew frightened immediately. she placed a firm grip on clarke's shoulder, looking to the blonde for protection incase anything were to go more wrong with the currently situation.

as they took a couple steps closer to the stairway, a sudden noise of clatter was heard from behind the office doors, making may's heart surge with worry. "murphy?" clarke called out with curiosity, "murphy is that you?"

when the blonde carefully pushed open the door nobody was seen inside the room, the only strange thing being that a window was open, and the shutters were thumping against it because of the serious winds.

clarke took a step inside the room, and may grabbed her shoulder tighter out of fear, "are you seriously gonna go in there?!" she whisper yelled, growing a bit fearful of the outcome.

"i got you." clarke assured her quietly, "just hold onto me and you'll be fine."

complying, may trailed behind clarke closely as the blonde moved to investigate the open window, as it was strange. nobody in the house would make such a rational decision to open a window knowing there could be potential danger out there.

clarke moved the shutters to the side, to shockingly see the window purposely broken, may felt her heart drop to her stomach. it could only mean one thing, somebody was here.

the wooden floors creaking not too far behind them suddenly snapped the girls out of their realization of the discovery. both of them whipped around quickly, may hiding behind clarke, and the blonde pointing a gun towards the noise, standing in front of her protectively.