𝟐𝟔 | his goodbye

𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

_______

MAY FERNSBY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO FEEL OTHER THAN FEAR. her hands were tightly bound together by metal above her head and she had to resist the urge of letting her knees give out. her, abby, kane, monroe, and miller were kidnapped by the mountain men, to use their bodies for more bone marrow.

never in her life did she think she would get kidnapped, and it horrified her now that one of fears had come true. she was lined up on the wall with all the other kids, many she recognized as the delinquents, but was in too much of a daze to look at anyone else. hearing raven's piercing screams from getting drilled, where she had no choice but to lay still as she was strapped down in a chair.

may's breathing started to quicken as tears began to brim her eyes, she was having a panic attack, something that always took her long several minutes to get under control. "abby." may cried, looking to the older woman who made eye contact with her, "i'm scared."

abby shook her head, she wanted to reach for the girl that was right next to her, but her wrists were bound together as well, "may, i need you to calm down."

with her wavy curls falling in front of her face, may weakly shook her head, "i can't i—" she paused as raven's screams began to start once again. may grimaced from the sound, somehow, raven's abrupt screaming made may's breath hitch, helping her quick, panicked breaths slow down.

the weak girl stood still, letting the salty tears run down her face. she hated to admit it, but she wished murphy was here, reassuring her with his words. she needed him in this moment, and he wasn't here, and may hated that. she hated that he left without a goodbye, or not even saying a word to her.

may clenched her fists from the anger than began to boil in her veins, biting her teeth down together. if she saw murphy now she'd like to think she'd hug him in relief, but she knew she would probably punch him square in the nose.

the sound of a door slamming open made may flinch in surprise, when she looked up, she saw it was president cage wallace, the man clarke had briefly talked to them about. she could easily see the pain behind his eyes, but he hid it with an angered expression. he gestured at raven, "take that one off the table."

"sir we're not done—" the extractor protested, but was quickly interrupted by cage.

"now."

without another word, the two guards began to unbuckle the leather binds off of raven. "and put her on it." cage added, pointing at abby. may's heart stopped, she couldn't let abby die, not her. she was close with the woman, and if the extraction were to kill abby, may knew she had to at least try to stop it.