𝟓𝟕 | stupid arrangements

𝒊 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆

_______

MAY COULDN'T HANDLE ANYMORE OF THE MADNESS after the discussion with diyoza about a trade didn't go well. she headed off into the woods and told murphy she'd be back soon, the young woman just had a lot on her plate and so much to think about with her current situation.

the first thing she planned to do when she got back to earth was to settle, and of course, like everything always did, didn't go according to plan. and now, they were stuck with a violent man who tortured and tried to kill murphy.

may fernsby let out a sigh in relief as she took a seat on a nearby rock, as she needed the rest. the joints in her legs were beginning to flare up and cause her pain, correlating to her anemia.

sitting down, alone, in the mossy green woods, may had a lot to think about, and decisions she knew she were going to have to make. she always thought that if she were to see murphy again, as she knew she would, she would just ignore him completely and not even look at him, that plan spiraled out of control the second she saw him again.

"murphy! murphy!" eight year old nini called, ecstatic to tell her father figure some news. may fernsby chuckled as she watched nini run into murphy's arms as soon as he walked in the door.

"there's my little nymph." murphy responded, holding nini on his left hip, he smiled genuinely, "what is it you have to tell me?"

"i learned to write the word aircraft today!" nini excitedly announced, throwing her hands in the air and relying on murphy to hold her.

murphy looked to may for confirmation, and when she did with just a nod, he looked back at nini and smiled, "i'm so proud of you." he began tickling her, causing the eight year old to erupt with giggles.

may fernsby couldn't help but chuckle with ease at the memory, so many were made with the three that she could think about them for hours. sure she had spacekru to call her family, but nini and john were her true family, people she considered blood more than anything else. only unfortunately, john broke that, and now it was up to may if she feels that gluing the pieces back together would be the best option.

"where oh where is my love we call may fernsby?" murphy called out, turning the corner of the ark.

may fernsby hid behind a corner, and nini was hiding someplace else. at least twice a day they would play hide and seek, as there was practically nothing to do up in space.