𝟑𝟗 | battle of the tower

𝒊'𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉

_______

FOR THE PAST FIFTEEN MINUTES, may fernsby sat next to bellamy blake, his blood transfusing into her body by IV. dead silence consumed them as they sat in one of the tower's rooms, and it was awkward. she knew she needed his blood in able to survive, she just wished it were anyone else but him. considering, she hadn't seen him since he lashed out at her and called her a coward.

and for some time, may believed him, believed that she wasn't good enough to help anyone or even herself, but this past week proved otherwise. she had been able to help a lot, and help even prove to herself that she was not in fact, a coward.

"i'm sorry." the words just spilled out of bellamy, knowing he couldn't take the genuine guilt he felt pent up in his stomach, the guilt that he had felt ever since the hurtful words came out. "i'm so sorry, may." he repeated once again, this time turning his head and making eye contact with her, "i—i know what i said back in med bay and i—i was so angry about gina that i just felt like i had to take it out on someone." he paused for a moment, and took in a deep breath, "you're not a coward may, and i hope you know that."

may could see it in his face every time she looked at him, she knew he felt guilty about what he said and knew an apology was going to come out of him sometime.

she wanted to be angry at him, and lash out at him hoping he knew how bad his words hurt her, hell, she even felt like punching him. but she knew, even after everything she's gone through, shooting people, experiencing near death, forgiving others was in her blood.

the seventeen year old reached out and grabbed ahold of bellamy's hand, making him turn to look at her. she gave him a squeeze in reassurance, her lips tugging into a small smile while doing so. the older man had always been like her brother, a close friend, and he was one of the people she trusted without doubt.

"i forgive you." she spoke so gently, and so genuinely, "you're my brother, bellamy. i always will."

the older man couldn't express how relieved he felt to hear those words come out of may's mouth. for the past week he ached for forgiveness from her, and now that he finally did, he felt less tense, and a bit more at peace despite what was currently going on.

"thank you." bellamy stated, a slight smile tugging at his chapped lips.

in response to him, may gave him an assuring nod, before continuing onto what she had to say, "how's raven? harper? the others back at arkadia?"