𝟓𝟏 | together

𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏, 𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒔𝒃𝒚

_______

AS THEY KNEW IT, only twenty five minutes were left on the clock, meaning that everyone had to speed it up with their efforts. raven tasked may to help emori inside the rocket, and that's what the two were doing, aligning wires. emori had some experience and so did may, as her father was a mechanic as well that had taught her a couple things.

may looked the red wire around the yellow and went to align it with the green, only a sudden shock grazed her hand. she gasped at the sudden feeling, afraid she was going to get electrocuted completely.

"you okay?" emori asked the girl, concern etching her face. even though the girls didn't talk much and only knew each other through murphy, they still liked one another.

may gulped, before piecing herself back together from the sudden surprise, "yeah i'm good." she grabbed the pliers and began to attach more, this time carefully and not in a rush, "are you okay?"

emori sent her a puzzled look, as she wasn't the one that had just been scared by electrocution, "what do you mean?"

may chuckled, "i mean how are you?" she repeated, "are you doing okay?"

emori nodded, as she sat next to may, helping her with the tangle of wires. "yeah." she answered, unsure of her own answer, "i'd say i'm doing alright."

may nodded, before an odd silence fell around the two once again. it was more of an awkward silence, as the two didn't know each other well and didn't know much about the other. "are you and john just friends?"

the words had blurred out of her mouth so sudden that she wasn't sure she actually said it, until she glanced at emori and saw her staring with a quizzical look. emori bent her brows downwards, "what?"

may sighed, and turned her head back around to continue working on the wires, as it was an important job raven left them with, "are you sure nothing happened between you two when he was gone—"

emori cut her off with a giggle, finding it hard to ever imagine her and john being together, "no. hell no." she answered truly, "i consider him my best friend, nothing more. all he talked about when we were in the woods was this beautiful girl he wanted to get back to so desperately."

at the mention of murphy saying that, a blush fell upon may's pale cheeks. her inner possessive side wanted to think emori was lying but knew instantly that she wasn't. may set down the pliers and turned her upper body towards emori, "how do you say we get to know each other more up in space. i'd like to know you better."