Chapter Fourteen

Kore's POV

Once again, it was her, but fortunately, this time wasn't the usual harrowing scene in the kitchen. Thank goodness.

The evening was descending into darkness, around 8 PM, and she clutched me tightly as we ventured down a dimly lit path, careful not to let me shatter. I couldn't help but wonder why she of all people would care any less if I shattered in pieces.

I followed her, my curiosity piqued by our mysterious destination. She wore an expression of anger and weariness.

Her lips moved, uttering words that remained inaudible, likely more of her unkind remarks at me. Then, abruptly, I woke up.

JOJOS POV

Jojo's Perspective

My eyes sprang open without warning. Lying there in bed, I stared at the ceiling for what felt like an eternity. I knew I shouldn't dwell on it, but I couldn't banish the thoughts. The tumor, like a familiar and unwelcome guest, came and went as it pleased.

I groaned, followed by a heavy sigh, before I finally mustered the strength to sit up. Throwing off my duvet, I knelt beside my bed.

For what seemed like an eternity, I remained there, unable to find the right words. Silence engulfed me, and I struggled to speak. But then, I realized that I had to say something.

"Father..." I began, the word hanging in the air, hoping to catch His attention.

"Father, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but... I can't help it. I just can't," I confessed, my voice trembling.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and my words became a mixture of rambling and weeping.

"I feel so helpless. I can't escape these thoughts, the fear of the grave," I paused, struggling to continue. "Father, I'm scared. Please, help me. Lift me out of this despair," I pleaded.

A comforting presence enveloped me as I poured out my heart to God.