Chapter Thirty Nine

The black range Rover sports shimmered in the evening lights as it came to a halt in a corner of the compound. As the wide gates returned to it's shut position, the car doors opened from left to right, letting the couple alight the vehicle.

By now, they were the cynosure of all eyes, but, they didn't raise much questions as to who they were. They were probably one of the many rich friends of their Matriarch.

Walking with his head up high, Larry approached his parents, hugging his mother who received him with a big smile and them touching his toes to greet his father who received his greeting with a simple nod.

They both looked regal in their attires, in other words, perfect for the occasion.

While his father a tall dark chubby man in his sixties looked satisfied in his outfit, a brown shirt and trouser which he had matched with a pair of black shoes and expensive gold wrist watch, he knew that his mother, like any other female would, had taken her time in the dressing room.

She looked young and regal in her orange gown which she matched with gold wedges. Being a woman with a passion for jewelry, she ensured that jewelries filled the right places. A gold bangle on her right hand, necklace on her neck studs on her ears and of course her wedding ring. Her black human hair was fixed into a straight back length style, light make up was applied, shimmering red lipstick and her expensive perfume which blended
with every part of her. She then rounded it off with a hand bag which Larry helped her with.

"My boy!" She said with a big smile. "Mum" he returned the smile.

"How are you ?"

"Great mum". He replied with glee.

" I can see that." She replied examining him with her eyes.

"How as your journey mum ?"

"Tiring."

"And you dad ?"

"Thank you for finally noticing me. Can we go now ?"

"Okay, okay, i'm sorry sir, lets go". Larry hurriedly replied. "Welcome."

"Thanks darling." His mum answered a the proceeded further into the house.
"Wow! This place is very nice."

"Right ?"

"Why are they so many ? How many people live here ?" Mr. Daniels was next.

"It's a family house, that's why."

"Oh."

Mr. and Mrs. Williams were already waiting at the entrance when they approached closer. After the exchange of pleasantries, they marched into the living room.

"Please take your seats sir and ma, we hope the journey wasn't stressful." Mr. Williams asked ?"

Receiving the seats with thankfulness, Mr. Daniels answered, "It was. But, we thank God."

"And we hope you don't mind our full house ?" Mrs. Williams spoke next.

"Oh, no, no, it's not everyday we get to see family come together on holidays these days. So, this is wonderful."Mr. Daniels answered.

"And thank you for taking good care of our children, Jessica and Lanre. We really really appreciate you." Mrs Daniels added.

"Oh. That was no stress at all, we really enjoy having young bloods in our midst. More young bloods. So, we just thank God."

"So, is there anything you would like to have. Water, juice ?" Mrs. Williams asked.

"Oh no, no, we wouldn't want to bother you..." Mrs. Daniels was saying but Mr. Williams interrupted her.