Chapter Twenty Six

Breakfast gracefully came to an end, and the group, satiated and content, gracefully rose from their seats.

"Thanks for breakfast, Martha," Jessie expressed her gratitude, a genuine smile gracing her lips.

"Yeah, thanks M," Lawrence added, giving Martha a nod of appreciation.

A chorus of appreciative words rippled through the group, a symphony of thankfulness.

"Namaste, everyone. Your enjoyment warms my heart," Martha acknowledged with a flourish, punctuating her words with a playful curtsey that elicited chuckles from the assembled.

"And for our next culinary adventure, brace yourselves for more insanely delicious meals-breakfast, lunch, and dinner-all crafted by the culinary maestro, my dear sister, Barrister Akorede Williams," she declared with theatrical flair, leaving the group in awe.

Maintaining his usual composed demeanor, David inquired, "So, what lies beyond this delightful repast?"

"Rest." Paul answered.

"For you, my friend," Larry responded, a mischievous glint in his eye, "I'll catch you around. Your family home could use some exploration, don't you think ?" But he didn't wait for Paul's reply as he continued. "Adventure beckons, and I'm feeling a tad curious."

"Okay, okay, sounds like a great plan. But I could really use some alone time with my sugar," he said, his affectionate smile directed at his blushing wife as he pulled her into a warm embrace.

"Awwn!" Jessie cooed, a gleeful observer of the sweet moment.

"Ugh, guys, don't get all mushy mushy on us," Flora teased with a playful eye roll, injecting a lighthearted note into the atmosphere.

"Need a hand?" Lawrence offered, his gaze warmly fixed on Kore.

She had proceeded to the table to clear the palates for washing as she had earlier promised.

"Yes, please," Kore responded, a friendly smile gracing her lips.

As they deftly worked on packing the plates, another figure gracefully approached beside Lawrence. "I'll lend a hand too," Florence offered, her presence injecting an intriguing dynamic into the kitchen scene.

Kore briefly glanced at Florence as they prepared to transport the plates to the kitchen. "Alright, thank you," she acknowledged graciously.

While Jojo discreetly disappeared, Paul turned to his wife, a glint of affection in his eyes. "Shall we, my love?"

"We shall," Martha replied, her smile radiating warmth and contentment, as they ventured into the next chapter of their day.