Chapter One

BREAKING NEWS

"Legal Underdog Takes on Political Goliath Babyface Lawyer vs. High - powered Senator."

Barrister Akorede Williams firmly declined to cancel the court hearings, despite the renewed interest in the decade-old murder case involving Senator Agabajelola Johnson's son and the senator himself.

The former was accused of killing Mr. Tayo Badmus during a sporadic shooting on Banjo Street Pipeline in Lagos. The latter faced charges of obstructing justice, as he was believed to have transferred his son's crimes to an innocent man under his son's name.

In taking on these cases, she seems to be walking on the edge but, unyielding in her pursuit of justice she vowed in these words and I quote "By the grace of God, justice will be served."

*****

A glimmer of recognition flitted across her face, and her eyes seemed to darken . Anyone who looked in her eyes would see pure hatered dancing in them. Yet, amidst it all, no one took notice.

✦✦✦

**In another household...**

An elderly man in his early fifties grabbed the remote, promptly lowering the volume. With a stern expression, he remarked, "That young lady is treading a very slippery path."

"Why do you think so, Dad?" asked a 23-year-old lady.

Like you don't know she's dealing with the high and mighty," her elder brother chimed in. "She's setting herself up for disaster, as they'll try to manipulate justice, just like they did ten years ago."

"Exactly, boy," the elderly man affirmed with a satisfied nod.

But his wife remained seated, her eyes locked onto the television, as though the image of the young lawyer still lingered on the screen. But no one appeared to notice.

✦✦✦

KORE'S POV

Hopefully it'll soon be over. hopefully, soon enough, I would be in the real world. But, no I had to finish with it.

"At first, it was all hazy, her face. But, over time, I could discern her attire and the stick she used to design my body with indelible marks.

"When, the dreams began, I had Initially mistaken them for random visions but, their reoccurrence made it clear they were more than dreams. Nightmares, they sure were but with their frequent reoccurrences I had to pay them attention. And they I did.

"I didn't need anyone to tell me. Someone was in trouble and needed saving. To rescue them, I needed a higher power and so, I went into prayers."

"During my prayers, a startling revelation hit me: That was me!"

"I had always wondered why my childhood memories were missing, only to discover I had suffered brain damage as a child. Thanks to divine intervention, I now stand whole."

Today was another episode, it was here again. No night was ever complete without them.

I was still trying to gather my thoughts when a crash came from behind me."