Chapter 10: Let it go

After a few weeks, Cassy still wasn't talking to me because of what happened in potions on the first day

After a few weeks, Cassy still wasn't talking to me because of what happened in potions on the first day. I had tried so many times to make it up to her, but she wouldn't let me. Danny kept telling me that I didn't have anything to feel bad about, that I had just answered a question. But it didn't stop me from missing my friend, we had never gone this long without talking to each other and I didn't know what to do.

Cedric had noticed that I had been a little down as well, so on the Friday when we had the afternoon off, he suggested we all go down to the lake and just have some fun. We had been down at the lake for about an hour when I saw a little creature struggling at the shore of the water. Not wanting to let it drown, I walked over to the lake and helped it get out.

The strange little creature kind of looked like a twig or part of a branch. It was green with stick like arms and legs and had two leaves growing on top of its head. It was the cutest little thing, but when I tried to put it back in to a tree it wouldn't let go of my hand.

"Hey, does anyone know what this little guy is and why it won't let go of me" I asked my friends, who came over to have a look at what I was holding.

"It looks like part of a tree," Danny said, trying to pick it up but the creature wouldn't let him, scurrying up my arm and looked like it was sticking its tongue out at him.

"Thanks, Danny. I know that much."

"I've seen them before, but I can't remember what their called," Maggie told me as the little creature made itself at home on my shoulder.

"It's a bowtruckle," a voice called out from behind us.

I turned around to see Charlie Weasley walking over to us with a big smile on his face. When he got closer, he tried to look at the bowtruckle sitting on my shoulder but it buried its way into my hair to hide.

"And it looks like it's very attached to you," he laughed, as the little creature peered out from behind my hair.

"I just recused it from the water and I have no idea where its home is," I told him, holding my hand out for the bowtruckle to jump into.

"I'll take you over to Hagrid, he'll know what to do," Charlie offered me.

"I'll meet you guys back in the great hall, I want to get this little guy home before we do anything else."

I waved goodbye to my friends as I followed Charlie to Hagrid's hut. I had never really spoken to Hagrid since that first day and even then, I really speak to him. I just followed his instructions on how to get to Hogwarts. I was a little nervous as I made my across the school grounds with Charlie. I didn't know what to except from Hagrid, but everyone told me that he was the kindest person you could ever meet.

"You seem to have a way with magical creatures," Charlie told me as we continue to make our way over to Hagrid's.

"No, I just rescued Freddie from the water. That's all."