Chapter 41: Something is very wrong

A few weeks had passed since Justin being petrified and things had only just got worse

A few weeks had passed since Justin being petrified and things had only just got worse. No one walked the halls alone, instead they walked in large groups. A curfew was put in place and Hogsmeade visits had been canceled. We had also been stopped from going on to the school grounds, which meant I couldn't visit Theo. I had really missed visiting the sleipnir, I had grown close to the foal and I hated to think about how much he was fretting spending so much time alone.

With everything that was happening, I was honestly surprised they were letting us play our quidditch match against Gryffindor but I guessed the Professors wanted to keep the students moral up.

"So, what's the plan for today?" I asked Emily as the whole team sat together for breakfast.

"I'm thinking that we should head down around noon just so we can prep and have our team meeting and talk about our game plan," Emily told all of us.

"Good, that gives me time to quickly go to the library and get that potions book for the assessment that Snape gave us on Friday, Danny said, finishing off his breakfast and standing up.

"Did you want me to come with you?" I asked him, worried about him going to the library on his own.

"Nah, it's okay. I'm only gonna be a couple of minutes. I'll meet you guys down at the pitch," Danny said, waving over his shoulder as he walked out of the great hall.

But as the hours passed by, I couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was very wrong. I had tried to reach out to Danny through our bond but I got no reply. It was almost like I was trying grab hold of his hand but there was a wall of glass in the way. Like I could see him but I couldn't reach him. The longer the feeling lasted, the more I started to worry. By the time we were sitting in the Hufflepuff locker room and there was still no sign of Danny, I was in a full-blown panic.

"Something is very wrong, Danny should be here by now," I said to Cedric as I paced back and forth.

"Have you tried to, uh, find him," Cedric asked, not wanting to bring up our bond in front of the rest of the team.

"I have but I just can't find him," I said, quickening my pace.

"It's going to be okay, Elsa. He's probably just got caught up with something," Hamish said, trying to calm me down.

"No, he's not okay. I can just feel it," I cried as Cedric pulled me into him to comfort me.

"Hello team," Professor Sprout said as she walked into the locker room, looking upset. "I hate to inform you, but today's game has been canceled. I'll be escorting you back to the dormitories."

As the team began to gather their things, Professor Sprout grabbed my hand and gently pulled me to the side of the room.

"Elsa, dear. You will need to wait here, Professor Alden wants to speak to you," she told me as a sinking feeling settled over me. "You know what, you better keep Diggory with you as well.