Chapter 94: The Yule Ball Part 1

The day before the Yule Ball I found Hamish nervously pacing around the common room, looking nervous

The day before the Yule Ball I found Hamish nervously pacing around the common room, looking nervous. The only other time I had seen him this nervous was the day of his first game playing as the Hufflepuff beater.

"Hamish, is everything okay?" I asked him as I walked over and sat down on the arm chair that he was pacing in front of.

"Yes, no. Oh, I don't know," he said sounding more confused than I felt listening to his answer.

"Okay, do you wanna try that one again. What's wrong, Hamish. You know you can tell me," I told him as I took his hand and made him sit down on one of the arm chairs so I could talk to him without him pacing around the room.

"It's the Yule Ball. There's someone I want to ask but I'm too scared to," he told me in a defeated voice.

"Okay, who is it?" I asked him.

"You know what, it doesn't matter. She probably has a date already," Hamish said as he got up to leave.

"Sit down and tell me who it is, Hamish," I ordered him, making him flop back down on to the arm chair in defeat.

"It's Amanda," he whispered.

"Amanda, as in Amanda Bones my roommate?" I asked him, getting a nod in reply. "In that case I can tell you that she doesn't have a date and if you asked her, she would defiantly say yes."

"Really?" he asked me in a hopeful voice.

"Really. Now she's in the library studying to get your butt over there right now and ask her," I laughed.

"I will, thanks Elsa. You're the best!" Hamish called out happily as he picked up his messenger bag and head out to the library.

With Hamish asking Amanda, I knew who everyone in our little group of friends was going with but one. Cassy was going with George as a friend since she couldn't ask Harley, Fred was going with Angelina, Danny was going with Maggie which I was happy about considering how much the two had been arguing lately, Zane was going with one of Fleur's friends but I had no idea who Henry was going with. I didn't know why but he refused to tell anyone. Which was strange because I even knew who the golden trio were going with. I saw Viktor ask Hermione, I knew that Harry had asked Cho, which I wasn't too happy about because I knew she would hurt him but she said no, so he was going with Parvati Patil and Ron was going with her twin sister who was in Ravenclaw, Padma. But no matter how many times we asked Henry, he just wouldn't tell any of us who he was going with. Which meant we were just going to have to wait to the day to find out and I couldn't wait to see who it was.

 Which meant we were just going to have to wait to the day to find out and I couldn't wait to see who it was