Chapter 129: Christmas time in New York city

"Are you coming or not?" I laughed as I turned around to look at Cedric as I walked up the stairs to grab a jacket so we could finish our Christmas shopping

"Of course, I'm coming," Cedric laughed as he waited for me at the bottom of the stairs for me to come back down, holding a heavy winter coat in my arms.

It was strange, I expected for the whole world to know about my Asgardian side but they didn't. It seemed that the news didn't travel pass the walls of Hogwarts and I put it down to the fact that the kids who could tell their parents were ones that were born into the magical world where having strange powers wasn't something unusual. Where the kids that were muggle born really couldn't tell anyone about me without giving away that they were either a witch or a wizard.

But whatever the reason was, it was nice to be able to just be Captain America's daughter again not a half Asgardian princess. What was even better was because of the snow no one could tell who was bundled up under all the heavy coats and scarves, which meant I could show Cedric around New York city without getting stopped by the media asking who the boy holding hands with Captain America's daughter was.

"You good to go," Cedric asked, taking the sparkly blue scarf out of my hands and wrapping around it around me.

"All good to go," I said, smiling up at him. "FRIDAY can you tell Mum and Dad that were going out to finish our Christmas shopping and we'll be back soon."

"Of course, Elsa. I'm on to it now," the Irish AI told me as Cedric and me walked into the elevator to take us down to the street level.

"Thanks, FRIDAY!"

"You know, I'm never going to get used to that," Cedric said as he looked up at the roof of the elevator like he would be able to see the AI.

"You will one day," I told him as we walked out into the busy New York Street.

New York City was so different to what Cedric had seen in Tennessee back in the summer holidays. Where Tennessee country side was full of wide-open spaces and no one to see for miles around, New York was crowded and never slept no matter the time of day or night. There was always something to see or do, no matter where you went.

I decided to take Cedric to Macy's, partly because it was the best place to finish Christmas shopping and partly because I wanted to see Cedric's face when I took him into the massive department store that was filled with Christmas decorations no matter where you looked. But I decided to take the long way so that I could show Cedric some of the sights of New York city.

"See that building over there," I said to him, pointing out the Woolworths building that sat in middle of a normal, everyday muggle street. "That's MACUSA's headquarters."

"Seriously? In the middle of a busy street?" Cedric said as he looked back at the sixty-story building that we had just walked past.

"Yep, hidden in plain sight. No one would ever think twice about it because it looks like an everyday, normal building with everyday normal people going into it to go to work," I explained.