Chapter 74: Missing you

The two first months of the holidays flew by and I over the weeks I fell in to a routine

The two first months of the holidays flew by and I over the weeks I fell in to a routine. I would wake up early, visit Mum who still hadn't woken up from her version of Odin sleep, go to the gym to do some solo training, then train with either Nat or Wanda, shower, have lunch and visit Mum again.

I knew it was stupid but I wanted to let her know every last detail of what happened at school over the past year, from OWLs to Quidditch and Sirius. I knew she couldn't hear me, but it made me feel better when I talked to her. And today wasn't any different. I got up at 6 am, dressed in my Hufflepuff quidditch team t-shirt and a pair of gym shorts and headed to the medical bay. The room was quiet apart from the sound of the heart monitor that was attached to Mum.

"Hey, Mum. How are you today," I said as I sat down in the seat next to her bed and took her hand in mine. "I miss you, but I think I might have told you that a few hundred times already."

It broke my heart every time I looked down at her, so still and so lifeless in the hospital bed. She was always so full of life and so happy and seeing her like this just felt wrong. But I kept talking to her like nothing was wrong. I remembered hearing that some people in comas could hear what was going on around them, I didn't know if that was the same for people in an Odin sleep but I was going to kept talking to her like she could hear me. No matter what happened.

"So, I spoke to Cedric last night and he said he might have some exciting news about what we're doing to do when I go to visit him next month. I have absolutely no idea what he could be planning but I can't wait to find out what it is. He told me that if it happens, it's going to be a once in a life time event. I have been trying to figure out what it is, but I honestly can't think of a single thing."

"I still haven't got my OWL results yet. I'm getting really nervous about it. I mean, I really want to go on and do Magizoology as well as being an Avenger but I need to get the marks to continue on with the subjects to do that. I know that Mr. Scamander, sorry Newt, told me unofficially that I got a 100% in care of magical creatures but I have no idea about my other subjects."

"You would really like Newt, Mum. He's so quirky and funny and you never would pick him for being nearly 90 or whatever he is. He seems so young still, I guess working with all those magical creatures keeps him on his toes."

"I haven't been able to get Harry's aunt and uncle to agree to let him visit. I haven't told him that I have been trying, I didn't want to get his hopes up about getting away from his relatives for a while. Especially after what happened with Sirius. That poor boy has been through so much. But Fred and George have sent me a letter telling me that their dad is planning to get Harry out of that hell hole, so hopefully Mr. Weasley can get him out and then I can get him to visit us over here. As well as the Weasleys as well. Mr. Weasley would be in absolute paradise with all this technology, it would be something out of his wildest dreams."

"I guess I should head off to the gym now but I promise I will be back as soon as I can," I said as I gave her a kiss on her forehead. "I love you, Mum."