Chapter 111: The Order of the Phoenix

"The meetings over, you can come down and have dinner now

"The meetings over, you can come down and have dinner now. Everyone's dying to see you, Harry dear," Mrs. Weasley called out to us, breaking the tension in the room of everyone who were still looking at Cassy and me like we were crazy.

I sighed as I stood up, knowing that I was fighting a losing battle when it came to beating Voldemort. No matter what the Avengers did, Voldemort was always going to be some untouchable bogey man in the wizarding world and there was nothing I could do to change it. But I knew the man had a weakness, everyone one did. Even the 'great' Johan Schmitt, the Red Skull himself, had a weakness that turned out to be his down fall. The problem was finding out what that weakness was.

As we started to walk down to the kitchen, I could hear that people were still leaving the meeting on the lower level of the town house. Apparently so did Ron because he held a hand out to stop us from walking down the stair.

"Hold it! They're still in the hall, we might be able to hear something," he said as we looked over the banister to the level below us.

Fred lowered a flesh-coloured string that was attached to what looked like a fake ear to the ground and held it up to us. I wasn't shocked that we were able to listen in on the conversation from the weird invention, when left to their own devices, Fred and George could be genius' but they never applied it to school work. But the creation didn't last long as Freya and Crookshanks started to play with the string.

"Freya, stop it now!" I called out in a whisper to my fluff ball of a cat who listen and ran straight up the stairs to me and jumped in my arms.

Crookshanks on the other hand continued to play with the string and ended up pulling it out of Fred's hand and running away with it.

"Hermione, I hate your cat," Ron said bluntly as we started to walk down the stairs.

"That's two today, Granger. You owe us for the extendable ears that your damn cat destroyed," George mutter to her as we saw Snape swoop out of what I was assuming the kitchen and out of the house.

"Snape's part of the order?" Cassy asked in a shocked voice.

"Yeah, but he never eats here. Thank god," Ron told us as we finally made our way down to the lower level.

"Yeah, that would have really ruined my appetite," Cassy laughed as Hermione motioned for her to be quiet. "Why the hell dose everyone keep telling me to be quite in this damn hallway?"

But it didn't take long for us to find out why we needed to keep our voices down in the hallway after Tonks tripped over the ugliest umbrella holder that I had ever seen. It looked like a troll's leg but after we walked past mounted house elves heads on the way down, I really didn't want to take a closer look at it.

"Tonks!" Mrs. Weasley hissed at the girl who had turned bright red.

"I'm sorry!" Tonks cried out. "It's that stupid umbrella stand! That's the second time I've tripped over..."