Chapter 18: Hogsmeade and Dragons

Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye and the next thing I knew it was February which meant Mum's birthday was coming up

Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye and the next thing I knew it was February which meant Mum's birthday was coming up. Luckily this year we were allowed to go to Hogsmeade so I could get her a proper present this year. But the only problem was I have no idea what to get her.

"So, your Mum's birthday is on Valentine's Day?" Cedric asked, while we were sitting in the library attempting to finish off our charm's homework.

"Yep, and Dad always makes it so special for her. The first year they were together he set up this beautiful picnic in Central Park and got her a silver heart locket that had a photo of the two of them in it with the words forever in my heart engraved on it. Which was a big thing considering it was 1942 and there was a war going on. She has never taken off the locket to this day," I said dreamily. It never stopped amazing me the love they shared, I only hoped I could find a love like that. It truly was a once in a life time, fairytale love.

"They really are in love, aren't they? Your parents I mean," Cedric said, getting slightly flustered.

"Yeah, they are. They have lasted through a world war, experimental science experiments, Nazis, Hydra agents, Norse gods, time travel and alien invasions. I mean, not a lot of people could make it through that, but they have and their stronger than ever."

"That's crazy, that two people can go through that much. But it's nice that after all these years that they still have each other."

"It is, but Dad has really set the standards high for me. I mean, it's not every day you find someone willing to crash a plane into the freezing ocean to save not only you but the entire world," I laughed, but something inside was telling me that the boy sitting in front of me would do the exact same thing. But I tried to push the feelings aside, Cedric was my best friend and nothing else. I just had to keep telling myself that and who knows, maybe one day I will actually listen.

"Not many people could meet that standard," Cedric laughed, going slightly red and making that annoying voice in the back of my mind say he might feel the same way that I did.

Luckily, we were both saved by the sound of books falling off one of the shelves in the row behind us. Getting up to see what was going on, I found Harry, Ron and their friend with bushy hair. Hermione, I think her name was. When they saw me standing there with Cedric walking up behind me, they froze like they were caught like they were doing something wrong.

"Hey Harry, Ron. Who's your friend? And what are you doin'?" I asked, my southern drawl coming through strong.

"Umm, Hi Elsa. This is our friend Hermione Granger. Hermione, this is Elsa Rogers. She a good friend of Fred, George and Charlie's," Ron said, his face going bright red as Harry tried to hide the books they were reading. Hermione on the other hand, looked extremely excited when she heard my name.

"Elsa Rogers, as in Captain America's daughter. The very same Captain America who works with Dr Bruce Banner?" she asked, talking a million miles an hour.