Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

"Well?" Sophie and Evelyn looked up at me as I got ready for the tracks.

"Not pregnant, thank god. I thought I was but it was a false positive."

"How long did you wait?" Sophie asked.

"Later into the night I think?"

"Oh then that's why you got a false positive. If you stay away too long the pee on it starts to evaporate and it messes with the sticks actual test result," Sophie looked down at her phone.

"Hey where's Alec?" Evelyn asked looking up from my makeup spot.

"Oh I don't know, he might have gone to the tracks early. He is the one racing right?" I looked the opposite direction hoping he wouldn't be brought up again.

"Ever since the pregnancy scare, you and Alec have been distant," Evelyn pointed out and I rubbed my face to stop the memory of Monday out of my mind. Thursday fast approached and I hadn't exactly gotten to talk to the girls or anyone in the group for that matter. I've socially distanced myself from anyone. I can't even look at Alec in the eyes right now, let alone be near him.

"Why haven't you been at lunch with us?" Evelyn pushed.

"I've just been really busy with a project and I just didn't want to not have enough time to finish it before Friday."

"Oh, well at least you're coming to the tracks today," Sophie smiled at me.

I smiled back and changed into a tank top.

"Lemme dress you!" Evelyn shot up and went through my drawers.

"Why?" I was confused with her urge to dress me.

"To make Alec give you looks or some other hot guys at the tracks. Your single now, we gotta boo you up," she grabbed pants with holes everywhere, front and back. I DIYed from a boring summer day.

"Okay now crop tops, wait no do you have any cute lace halter bras?" Evelyn looked up at me.

"What?" my mouth dropped and Evelyn gave me that look like I heard her correctly.

"Yeah heard me, with a black jacket," she smiled then going to my closet.

"I do, I'm wearing a red one right now but are you telling me I'm just going in my bra?"

"Are you uncomfortable going like that?" she looked at me and I shook my head no.

"I just, last time I went with Alec to the tracks I wasn't exactly looked at well."

"Listen Kallie, even if you went in a hazmat suit you'd still be looked at. Pigs go to the tracks," then went to my shoes, '' Adidas shoes will do," she grabbed them and then handed me the clothes expecting me to change in a hurry.

"Keep your hair down and then I'll add some waves and volume to it, just a bit and then we'll get your makeup done. I might as well bring my camera. I'm pretty sure it's in my car actually," she said as I changed.

"So Alex texted me and asked how long we'll be?" Sophie looked up at both Evelyn and me.

"Ask Evelyn I'm not sure. I'm the doll right now," I commented.

"Five to ten minutes for makeup and hair. But I need you Sophie to do her makeup, but nothing crazy. Just to make her look good for cameras," she looked over at Sophie and Sophie was typing away on her phone before coming over to us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all got out of Evelyn's car and I put my phone on the charger before getting out. I'd be hanging with them tonight anyways. I didn't need any distractions.