XXII| SOMETHING THAT CAN'T BE SAVED

VENUS' MIND RACED, THE HEADACHE SHE HAD ONLY  worsened by each second as she tried to remain focus throughout the whole ordeal

      They had finally figured out a plan on how to get into WICKED and how to rescue Minho. It was a dangerous plan, but there was no other way — they had to save Minho — Venus had to save Minho. After all, he saved her.

"Venus, I think it's best if you go with Brenda." Thomas now spoke to her, Venus' blue eyes snapping up to him, her eyebrows creasing as she frowned.

"What ?" She hoped that maybe she heard him wrong. "It's safer if you go with Brenda." He repeated, and Venus tightly pursed her lips. "No — we didn't agree to that." Venus argued and Thomas begged her to comply with his suggestion, but Venus wouldn't give in.

   She wanted to be there when Minho would be rescued, that was the original plan, and she was not about to back away from it.

"Venus, it's safer." Thomas repeated again, but Venus shook her head. "Do you think I give a shit if it's safer ? I am going with you, I'm going to help save him, and you can't stop me." Venus said sternly, her cheeks now tinted red from the anger boilong inside of her.

Venus knew Thomas meant well and that he wanted to protect her, but this was not about her — this was about Minho.

  "Thomas, we need Venus in there with us. I — I am not feeling very well, and it'd be better for her to come with." Newt spoke, and Venus watched him intently — why was he feeling ill ? It could be because of the heat or maybe worry ? Nevertheless, Venus made a point that she'd ask him about that later.

"Newt's right Greenie, Venus has to come with." Gally spoke and Venus gave him a nod to thank him that he'd taken her side.

Thomas puffed his cheeks, his arms crossed tightly over his chest. He knew they needed Venus — but he hated putting her life in danger.

    "Fine." He sighed, and Venus gave him a light smile.

"Now, let's get this plan into action."

___________________

Venus would lie if she said that she wasn't scared, she was terrified, but the thought of saving Minho was the one that made its way to the top, and so she tried to surpress the fear that was creeping inside of her.

     "You ready to do this ?" Thomas neared the girl. He was dressed in the same outfit as her — the black suits and armor of the WICKED guards. Gally had been the one to take the lead on getting them the clothes. When they entered the Last City, Gally was quick to silently knock out 4 guards, and so, Venus, Thomas, Newt and Gally had the outfits, giving them the pro of sneaking into the WICKED compound unnoticed.

"I am Thomas, I — I really want to do this, I want to help save Minho." Thomas nodded, and before Venus could catch herself doing anything else, Thomas had wrapped his arms around her in a comforting hug.