III | THE SCORCH TRAILS ✔

𝖵𝖤𝖭𝖴𝖲
𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 3

𝖵𝖤𝖭𝖴𝖲𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 3

_______________

EVERYTHING HAPPENED SO FAST. FIRST, VENUS WAS STUNNED at the new information given to her, but when she finally had the chance to comprehend and process it, she wanted nothing more but to save herself, as well as to save Thomas and his allies, for they and Venus were the first to be harvested.

It all came as a blur as Venus was hoisted up into the air vent by Thomas, a secret passage way that was found by Ares to spy on the evil doings of WICKED, and then, with Thomas directing the way to the room him and his friends were given, Venus kicked off the air vent with most of her strength, and when she pushed herself from the ground, she noticed confused eyes on her.

When both Thomas and Ares exited the air vent, Thomas' nerves didn't go unnoticed.

"We gotta' go, c'mon. They're coming for us." He proceeded to grab the duvet off one of the beds, tightly tying it around the door handle and knotting it to the pipe next to said door in order to prevent them, WICKED, from getting in.

"What happened in there ? Ares what happened ?" A rather tall guy threw questions at a stunned and in shock Ares, as Venus' attention was then grabbed by a light haired boy with an accent, also pushing Thomas with questions, "Thomas would you just calm down and talk to us!"

"Ava, it's Ava." Thomas repeated the name. But his friends did not seem to understand, that is before Thomas yelled, "it's WICKED ! It's always been WICKED." Realisation dawned on the group as a frown was plastered on Venus' face.

How did they not know they were at the WICKED compound, then again, how did Venus not know that the actual bad people seemed to be WICKED.

"Who's the girl?" Was a question that arose from a Korean boy with black matted hair.

Eyes were on Venus again, and as it seemed that Thomas was not going to give his friends an answer, Venus knew she had to do it herself.

"Venus. I work — I worked for WICKED." Disbelief spread across the group, "Thomas, you know we can't trust her." The sandy blonde boy now spoke up.

"You have to leave." The statement was directed towards Venus by the Asian boy, but Venus stood her ground, "listen here, as of now, I'm in as much danger as you, and whether you like it or not, I'm coming with, now, we need to get the hell out of here."

"She's right." Thomas spoke as he proceeded to place one of the Matrasses in front of the door, it blocking the window, prohibiting anyone from peeking in the room.

"You gotta' trust me. We have to go." Thomas and Venus were the first to pile through the air vent, Thomas' friends following suit.

When finally being freed out of the air vent, Thomas made sure that no WICKED employee was in the hallway, before ordering his friends and Venus to hurry up out of the vent.