Chapter 21

Eloise POV

They found an uneasy truce together, her and Loki.

They seemed to have reached agreement not to bring up what Frigga had told them about what the seer had said.

In the five weeks that had followed, she felt she knew him a little better, his moods were mercurial, some days he was flirtatious and mischievous,  others he never said a word to her, and a few he was so angry she feared he had slipped back into insanity.

Today had been a quiet day, Frigga had insisted they meet for tea in the gardens and she had just left.

Loki was seated under a tree reading, while she was leaning back resting on her arms enjoying the sun when Thor found them.

Thor roared at them both, "Come my friends," he wrapped each of his arms around first Eloise and then Loki who shoved him off.

"Oaf,"

"We are celebrating tonight!"

Eloise was still tucked under Thor's arm as he led the way down to the stables, Loki sulking behind him.

"Where are we going?"

"We are meeting the Warriors Three down at a tavern where we are going to drink."

She let out a giggle at Thor's exuberance before they reached the front of the stables and she saw three horses waiting for them.

"Ummm guys problem, I don't know how to ride a horse."

"Not a problem, Loki she can ride with you."

Loki had his foot in the stirrup about to swing his leg over, he let out an exaggerated sigh before getting on the horse and Thor lifted her on behind him.

She clung to him, both arms wrapped tightly around his midsection, her legs squeezing the horse holding on for dear life. She put her head against his back.

"I still need to breathe."

"Sorry."

He pulled one of her arms slightly looser.

Thor took off ahead of them and Loki gave his horse a kick to catch up, the horse instantly picked and she gave a shriek before burying her head again, she could swear she heard Loki's laugh as she fisted the front of his leather tunic.

She kept her eyes shut as they raced God's only knows where, Thor and Loki's laughter and egging each other on making her smile, at some point she felt Loki's hand on top of hers and wove his fingers into hers.

"Ah victory is sweet brother! That means you are buying tonight!"

She heard Thor gleefully declare, she realized they had come to a stop.

Cautiously she opened an eye and let out a sigh of relief but found she couldn't unlock her muscles to let go of Loki.

"You handicapped me, that was cheating."

His tone surprised her, she expected him to sound jealous or angry even but instead he sounded amused.

"Lady Eloise you have to let go to get down."

She felt Thor's hands on her waist, ready and waiting to catch her.

She let go and landed with an oomph against Thor as Loki elegantly dismounted handing his reigns off.

"Not a fan of riding then."

"No. After that I really need a drink. I so perfer motorcycles."

Thor held the door for her as Loki followed her inside and ushered her over to a table where Fandral, Hogun, and an already very drunk Volstagg sat.