Chapter 60

For the Love of a Princess
2CELLOS

Eloise POV

She woke up alone, which was unexpected.

Someone, she guessed Loki had rolled her into the middle of his bed and had tucked her in and sat pillows around her.

Eloise,
I am so sorry my love, you looked so peaceful I could not bare to wake you. Stay in my bed as long as you like, I must confess I find I like knowing  you are there. Odin has asked something of me and I shall be busy most of the day. So take the day to yourself, breakfast will be waiting for you when you are ready for it and I will see you for dinner, I have arranged a private dinner for us my darling.

Counting the seconds till this evening,

I love you,
Loki

She smiled to herself, what a difference 6 months made, how easy the I love yous flowed now from both of them, she mused as she got up.

Loki had left her robe draped across the foot of the bed for her, she put it on and went over to the tray she had seen on Loki's desk.

All her favorite fruit were in a bowl with a steaming cup of tea, she smiled at his thoughtfulness, thank goodness he's relaxing a little, if he wasn't a God I'd be worried he was worrying himself to death.

After she finished eating she returned to her rooms, to take a luxurious lengthy bubble bath, enjoying not being thrown around by Loki, Thor, or Sif in preparation for what ever hell Odin decided to put her thru.

Once she was dressed, she was feeling a little lost when she decided to go to the library and find something to read.

Loki POV

Everything was perfect, ready for this evening, except for one small detail.

The guest of honor was missing.

As he searched he struggled to contain his nervousness.

Tonight's the night.

He stepped into his library, the faint sound of a flip of a page in a book attracting his attention.

"Good afternoon my darling."

Eloise curled up in his chair in the library, her knees tucked up against her chest.

Norns she looked so beautiful, her hair was pinned back, framing her face, while the rest of her curls spilled over her shoulders, she was wearing the very first dress he had ever seen her in when she had arrived on Asgard, the pale blue green fabric capturing the color of her eyes perfectly, yet complimenting her creamy skin and the rosy blush of her cheeks.

"There you are. I've missed you."

She put the book down and she rose gracefully, coming over to him.

"You're staring."

Her eyes faintly glowed with pleasure as she reached him, her hands intertwining with his, running her nose along his jaw before placing a kiss on his Adam's apple.

"Who could help but stare when your beauty is before them?"

"Mmmm, I don't know, I would much rather stare at you, you look especially handsome tonight."

Helheim, she had noticed, he had taken especial care when he had dressed for dinner.

He offered her his arm and led her off to begin their evening and the rest of their lives.