Chapter 55

Eloise POV

She woke up alone, her hand outstretched and reaching nothing.

Bereft, she pulled the pillow Loki had been laying on to her, inhaling the faint trace of mint.

The pillow was still slightly warm so he hadn't been gone long.

With a heavy sigh, she rolled over and curled up around the pillow,  closing her eyes she drifted off, wishing Loki was already back.

The next morning, she was making a cup of tea when her phone rang.

"You are on the next flight out to LA babe so we can finish up these promos."

Guiltily she thought about Loki and now that he was gone Ryan was missing an assistant.

"Errr about Will..."

"Don't worry about it, he called me from your phone last night and said he had a family emergency."

Running her hand hand thru her hair she was amused that Loki had thought to call Ryan.

"Hope you are ready to work. See you when you get here."

Within an hour she had her bag packed and was headed out the door, as she put her hand in her coat pocket she felt a piece of paper.

Pulling it out, she looked at it with interest

My Dearest Eloise,

It would seem my trip to Midgard was unsanctioned and the Allfather is not pleased. Mother and I are working hard to secure your return if that's is what you wish. If you haven't heard from me within two weeks, expect a visit from Thor. Is it possible to miss someone so much after you just saw them only hours ago?

Loki

She couldn't help the warm smile that spread across her face as she strode out the door and headed to her car.

Loki POV

"But how can you not allow her to come back now that you know that she was tricked?"

Loki stood in front of Odin with Frigga at his side, he had spent the last few days trying to get Odin to even meet with him to at least discuss Eloise returning.

"It matters not. She knew the consequences and still she returned to Midgard. "

Frigga grabbed his arm attempting to steady him.

"Loki let me talk to your father, alone."

He bit back the retort to deny any kinship with the old bastard but he needed him to allow Eloise to return, biting his tongue was a small price to pay.

He strode out of the throne room making sure to allow the doors to slam behind him.

Eloise POV

Yawning she blinked at herself in the mirror like a sleepy owl, one last time and then I am out of here, she tried peeping herself up.

She stretched her overly sore muscles and tried to manage a smile.

It had been an exhausting week, between too many long hours and Ryan insisting they go out every night, she was ready to go home and sleep for a week.

Allright maybe not a full week.

"Ready? One last time and you are done. I owe you big time, these have all looked fantastic."

She tried to muster a smile as she look her place on the sound stage, an assistant came up and was adjusting her clothes when a someone dressed in a suit and black coat caught her and gave her a sly wink.