Chapter 69

Loki POV

Loki stood at the back of the room with Thor as the healers examined Jane on the soul forge.

"What happened brother?

"I don't know, by the time I reached Midgard, she was back but something is wrong. What ever it is, it's not of earth."

Thor pushed off from the wall and joined Jane at the table.

"Prince Loki?"

An Einherjar addressed him, "I think you had better come down to the stables."

Thor looked over and nodded to him.

Loki left the healing ward and quickly went to the stables, he could hear frantic whinnying before he was even within sight.

Amista was encircled by guards and stable hands trying to catch her as she ran around in a frenzy, snorting and stamping.

"Amista!"

As soon as she caught sight of Loki she galloped to him, her eyes wild.

"Where is she Amista?!"

Thoughts of Eloise falling off the horse, the idea of her lying on the ground somewhere unconscious or worst.

Then his eyes landed on a long piece of ripped familiar green fabric was tied to the saddle with a note and one of the knives he had given Eloise.

Ripping them off of Amista's saddle, she instantly became calm as he read the note.

Fury filled his chest as he quickly read the note and reappeared in the throne room just as Thor followed Odin thru the door.

"Eloise has been taken by Malekith. He is holding her till he gets the aether."

For a brief moment Thor and Odin looked shocked, exchanging a look.

"Jane has the aether. That's what's inside her."

A loud boom occurred just outside.

"Brother, Jane. Protect her while I see to what malevolence Malekith brings to our door."

"If you see Eloise..."

I shall do all within my power and more to return her to you brother. I swear this to you."

Mjölnir flew into Thors hand and pulled him back out the balcony.

Loki vanished and reappeared in Eloise's old rooms, Jane moving towards the balcony.

"Come there isn't time. The dark elves are coming for you."

Before Jane even had the chance to speak, Loki grabbed her and they disappeared together.

Thor POV

The dark elves ships rained fire down on Asgard as he led the Einherjar against the Dark elves.

"Sister I pray you are far outside the city." He whispered to himself as he used Mjölnir knocking as many ships out of the sky.

It was then he noticed the shields meant to protect the palace fall as a ship crashed into the Palace.

"No!"

Swinging Mjölnir, he flew into the palace landing on his mother's balcony to see Odin bent over Frigga's lifeless body on the ground and Loki being dragged from the room screaming by six guards and Jane being lead away guarded by only two.

"Father what is the meaning of this?"

"Your brother is out of control. He will be held until I say so."

"And what of Eloise?"

"You know well we do not bargain for the lives. She is lost to us."

"I do not accept this."

Thor slammed his fist down, "There must be a way we can save them both."

"I WILL NOT PUT THE NINE REALMS AT RISK FOR TWO MORTALS WHO ARE ALREADY DESTINED TO DIE! I FORBID IT THOR!"

For the first time in his life Thor could see the only way forward was to defy Odin and for that he needed Loki.

Loki POV

The Einherjar shoved him back in the same cell he had been in a year ago before the golden wall shut behind him, all the furniture had been replaced, as if he had never left.

ELOISE!

Mental he screamed for her, begging her to answer him, let him know she was alive, he didn't even realize his magic was raging around the cell destroying everything it could.

Finally he collapsed, drained and waited for any sign from her.

He had to believe she was still alive, there was no way she had not heard his screams if she was awake so she had to be being kept unconscious.

He couldn't acknowledge Friggas death yet either, he had briefly taken Jane to Frigga, intent on asking her to search for Eloise, to scry for her presence, when they had heard the Malekith approaching, he could still feel her hand on her shoulder, "Go son, take her and protect her as you promised your brother."

They had vanished again, he was intent on taking her to the forest, up in the mountains when he had felt Frigga's death.

When he had seen Odin holding Frigga, he had lost it, he remembered screaming at Odin, till he ordered him and Jane to be placed under arrest.

"Brother."

He'd cast an illusion of himself, he watched letting his illusion

"Come to tell me that she is lost to me, to accept what Odin says," he hissed.

Thor only raised his eye brows at him, his expression unreadable.

With a wave he let the illusion fall, and he met Thor's eyes, "Now you see me brother. Now get on with it, say what you have come to say. "

"I did not come to share in grief for mother or for Eloise but to offer you a chance a far greater sacrament."

He watched with interest as Thor moved to the keypad unlocking the cell.

"When do we start?"