Chapter 57

Love's Just a Feeling (featuring Rooty)
Lindsey Stirling

Eloise POV

Frigga embraced her warmly when Thor had led them into her private gardens right off her rooms.

"Welcome back my dear, I'm so glad to see you have returned."

Loki surrendered her to his mother with a wink and a kiss then he went to sit on a nearby bench, conjuring a book to entertain him.

"It's nice to be back. I am so sorry about how I left, I..." she felt Loki's eyes on her as Frigga wrapped an arm around her and drew her over to a small table and chairs where she had tea waiting, when she looked Loki's eyes were on the book as if he hadn't heard a word but she saw the muscle in his jaw flexed, she knew he was listening to every word she said.

"I know everything my dear, Thor told me after Loki went after you and I was there when Fandral and Amora were sentenced."

Frigga sat a teacup in front of her and placed a dried flower in the center, she watched as the flower bloomed when water was poured over it.

"This is lovely thank you. But what do you mean sentenced?"

She looked back at Loki, who shrugged, apparently this was news to him as well.

"Yes, both of them were sentenced. Fandral and Amora is now barred from the palace unless they are specifically summoned."

She could practically feel the animosity rolling off of Loki behind her, she guessed that he thought it wasn't near harsh enough.

"Also, you once told me that you could feel Loki's emotions and thought to an extent when you are not wearing your ring. Is that still the case?"

"Yes."

"Loki? Come here my son."

The book vanished from Loki's hand and he joined them, standing next to Frigga with his hands behind his back

"Loki have you heard of a soul bound?"

He frowned as if trying to remember something.

"Once, it was an obscure reference, there hasn't even been rumor of one in at least two thousand years. Why?"

"To halverer en sjel." Frigga smiled as she spoke, looking between the two of them"I think it's why neither one of you can keep the other out. Would you mind trying?"

Eloise felt the distinct impression that their conversation was going far above her head.

"Trying what?"

She couldn't help feeling apprehensive.

Frigga fixed her with a reassuring smile. "Can you keep Loki out of your thoughts if you try?"

"I dunno."

Loki came closer and knelt next to her, giving her an encouraging smile.

She pulled off the ring, and immediately she could feel Loki's thoughts, his concern and tenderness towards her, he wanted to protect her, wanted her at his side but now that she was here the clock had begun to count down on Odin's patience and he had no idea what to prepare her for, his confusion about the soul bound, his thought were already pulling away thinking of the library and what books he might check for more answers about the soul bound.

Loki reached over and stroked her cheek, "Darling, can you feel my thoughts?"

"I felt them the second I took off the ring, it's like a slight pressure. Did you feel me?"

Loki pulled her hand up to his lips, "Yes, I felt you tickling around, you have a feather light touch, I might have missed it if I hadn't been paying attention."