Chapter 32

Loki POV

It was only moments later that there had been a knock at the door, the Grandmaster had sent them both clothes.

He had to admit Eloise looked stunning in the black and gold beaded dress, she looked mildly concerned, anxiously chewing on her lip, when they were ready to leave, he offered his arm to her, "Hey, smile it's a party."

She placed her hand on his arm, "Thats what I'm afraid of, did you get a look at that guy? He's crazy."

"That may be, but we can use crazy to benefit us."

At the party she stayed by his side for a while quietly observing before she slipped away and he made his way to the Grandmaster.

"Hey, if it isn't the God of Mischief,  so uh, tell me Mischief how did you like the rooms?"

"Very satisfactory, thank you."

"Sorry for the unconventional ride here, I hope it wasn't too rough."

"I am afraid your minions were less than hospitable to my companion."

"Yes, your companion," he followed the Grandmaster's gaze to Eloise,  who was standing some ways away deep in conversation with purple woman in a gold dress, "She is certainly something, uh I don't suppose she is a courtesan by chance?"

"No, she isn't not." Involuntarily, Loki's grip tighten around his drink.

"Shame, I didn't think so, she uh looks too innocent but I wanted to be sure,  she is quite remarkable."

He wanted to snarl possessively,  to make sure the Grandmaster knew to leave her alone,instead he deftly switch topics, getting the Grandmaster talking.

"So, tell me more about Sakaar."

He kept track of Eloise from the tenor of her thoughts, she was uncomfortable here, but from her tone, and general demeanor no one but him would have guessed.

At least till he felt her give a silent cry of alarm, "Excuse me," he left the conversation he had been engaged in till he found her.

He grabbed her and pressed against the nearest wall, hiding her, to anyone else they looked like a pair of lovers stealing a moment together.

"Hey, hey, what's going on?"

He bent over her blocking her from anyone else looking too closely, her eyes were wide and frightened, she hadn't looked even this frightened when he had hurt her.

She shook her head, he put his hand to her face, soothing her, before he tapped her forehead hoping she would remember.

Do you know what they do to humans here?!

He shook his head.

He enslaves them. Any human brought here.

No wonder she was terrified, he squeezed her hand hoping to reassure her.

"Come on darling," he swooped her up against him, hiding her face, he gave the Grandmaster a wink before he left.

As soon as the door shut behind them, he sealed the door with magic and made it so no sound would leave the room and sat her down but didn't let her go.

"No one can hear anything in here now, what happened?"

"I overheard one of the women was laughing about it, about how there are people who come and sell humans here, once the Grandmaster made it a law that any human brought here is automatically made a slave."

He could feel her shaking, "It's alright," he pulled her to him, for once  instead of resisting she clung to him, "Thats not going happen. I promise you, Eloise, look at me darling," she looked up at him, she was crying, "I am not going to let that happen. I will keep you safe."