Chapter 45

Merry-Go-Round of Life
Mononoke Ensemble

Loki POV

Loki adjusted his healm on his head before glancing at his reflection in the mirror.

It had been a long time since he had worn his ceremonial garb, his stomach clenched, actually he hadn't since just after Thor had been banished and he had briefly been King of Asgard. 

A loud knock brought him back from surrendering to the feelings of bitter anger and rage that threatened to overwhelm him.

"There his is! The man of the hour!"

Thor matched into his room, "So mother told me you plan to ask Lady Eloise to court you tonight."

Loki couldn't help the excited apprehensive smile that spread across his face.

Thor slapped his shoulder, "I am truly happy for you brother, she compliments you beautifully and I already see her as a sister."

"Thank you brother, now let's just hope she says yes."

Together they walked down to th
Once they reached the diasis where Odin and Frigga stood, Thor left him with a wink and he joined Eloise, Sif and the Warriors Three at their table.

Eloise caught his eye and gave him a huge smile and mouthed "Happy Birthday" at him.

She looked utterly bewitching, almost shinning, the gold and ivory of the dress complimenting her, her hair she had left loose, her glossy curls thrown back over her shoulders, she'd never looked more beautiful to him.

Loki joined the table, sitting next to Eloise, who had started throwing grapes into Volstagg mouth.

"Hello."

Her face was practically glowing as she looked at him.

"Happy Birthday, so tell us what are you like 2000 years old now?" She teased him and winked.

"Not quite, have you made it to a hundred yet?"

"Cheeky, but it's your birthday so I'll allow it," she grinned at him as she took a bite then took a drink of wine.

"I mean it, you are practically a baby, should you even be up this late?"

She just laughed and shook her head at him.

"Why are you offering to come up and tuck me in?"

Fandral choked on his meat as Eloise blatantly flirted with him, Fandral shot him an envious glare.

"Perhaps, but only if you are a good girl."

"Some of us are trying to eat here," Volstagg joined in teasing him.

"Very well, than I shall steal her away so you may feast in peace Volstagg. May I have this dance my lady?"

She looked like she was fighting a desperate case of the giggles as she took his hand and followed him to join the other couples already on the dance floor.

"Just follow my lead."

This time a giggle escaped past her lips, "I had over 10 years of daily dance lessons, I can follow you easily."

She turned to face him, mirroring everyone else.

Once the music started, he had to admit she was incredibly graceful, putting the other members of the court that were dancing to shame.

He loved the feeling of her dancing and twirling with him, her hands intertwined with his.

"So is this what you dance like on Midgard?"