Fam Bam

Roan's POV

It's been six weeks since Ate Cassie arrived and also six weeks since we last saw Ate KC. On her instagram post, it says that she already flew to Australia for a vacation and will be flying back to London next week. I sent her a message but unfortunately, it was left unread.

Rohan and I talked about the things that we might say to Ate KC once we get a hold of her but now, that plan would have to be plan for a long time. We do not know when she will be coming back or if ever comes back. There's a lot of projects for her this year and the coming years. Chances are slim but who knows?

"Hey, Roan." Ate Cassie called out to me. She's smiling at my bedroom doorway holding a tray of snacks. "I made some cookies and I brought you some."

"Thanks, Ate." I said and scooted over to give her space on my bed. She gingerly put the tray on the bed and sat opposite me. "Chocolate cookies?"

"Yes. I've learned some tips in baking when I was eighteen. My foster parents told me that it is a must requirement before I marry." She explained.

Now that she mentioned it, I casually asked about her husband. She never show us a picture of him and neither a photo of him posted in her social media accounts.

"My husband is a very influential man and I was instructed not to post any photos of him or even mention him in any social media platform." She said. The way I am seeing it, there is something terribly odd in that setup. Like that person has many things to conceal. Secrets to keep.

Now, my mind is in a detective-mode again. "I tried searching him in facebook but there are many people with the name Anthony Clark." I said. I dip the cookie in the hot milk and watched as Ate Cassie do the same. Well, at least we have something in common.

"He doesn't have a facebook account." Ate Cassie said. Being a keen observant, I noticed that she's trying to hide loneliness but her eyes are giving her away.

I forced a laugh. But in a way that actors do in a movie. "Everybody has facebook. Come on, Ate. Just tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone. Pinky promise."

Ate Cassie pursed her lips and shook her head gently. Her kind smile holds a lot of mystery. And suffering...maybe?

I decided not to pry anymore. Maybe it's better if I do not know. And I'm trying so hard to be a grown-up which means not being nosy. If she has secrets then by means, it's for her to decide what to do with it. But...we're family, aren't we? And families share the burden of each members.

"What do you usually do during Saturdays?" She asked instead.

"Hmmn... Shopping." I answered. That's not a lie, me and Rohan really loved shopping and that's our form of bonding aside from watching movies and doing projects together.

"Can I invite you? It'll be nice to get a tour in the city with my gorgeous younger sister as my guide." She said.

"Err.. sure." I said uncertain if this would be a good idea. I mean, I always dreamt of a big sister or big brother but with Ate Cassie who seemed still aloof with any of us, I don't think I could handle the pressure of being the one to set the pace in reaching out to her.

***

Rohan's POV

I'm getting exhausted answering Athrun's unlimited questions and Mireya's indifference.

They are total opposites.

"Where's An-an?" Mireya suddenly asked making me and Athrun freeze and simultaneously directed our eyes to her. She's talking in English. And she has an accent too. But the most important thing is that....she's talking.