Chapter 17

Y/N POV

Currently, I am on my way to the YG headquarters. I don't know what they are going to discuss but according to Toto Wolff, it is something regarding the collaboration between BLACKPINK and Mercedes AMG Petronas. I wonder what is going to happen, maybe another roadshow? 

Once I arrived at the YG headquarters, the receptionist lead me to YG's office, as I entered, I saw Jennie and Toto Wolff sitting there. Straight up, a question popped up into my mind. Why is Toto Wolff here in the meeting as well?

YG: Hello Y/N, glad you made it. Please take a seat.

Toto Wolff: Should we get started than Mr. Yang?

YG: Yes, and as I am sure that both of you are aware of your recent incident on live TV. After something happening like that we as YG need to come up with a response.

Jennie POV

What is YG thinking? I am not breaking up with Y/N. I got him to myself and I won't break up with, not at least until I find a new boy toy to cling around. I need to make my statement.

Jennie: There is no way I will break up with Y/N.

YG: Listen Jennie, there is no way I am going to break you two up when I see this opportunity.

Y/N: What do you want us to do then?

YG: We me and Mr. Wolff has had a think about it and we want you to continue to date for publicity.

Toto Wolff: Yes we have thought about this, since the internet is trending about Y/N and Jennie we have thought that to make this collaboration succeed we want you display more affection in public, especially when cameras are around.

YG: Jennie, I will send you to every race in this season so you can be with Y/N, and make sure to get caught on camera holding hands, hugging and kissing. 

Toto Wolff: And Y/N I want you to be the designated second driver of the team so we can make Lewis beat you and when you are sad Jennie will comfort you when doing interviews for Sky Sports F1. Y/N you don't get to say no as I am your boss and you must follow my order.

YG: Is that alright for both of you?

Jennie: Yes (smiles).

Of course this is alright for me. Having Y/N to myself and making sure everyone knows that Y/N is mine. I can't agree more to this plan and quickly gave a reply to YG and Mr. Wolff, but Y/N doesn't seem too happy about this. 

Y/N POV

YG: Y/N is this alright with you?

What is Toto thinking about with this plan. Me being a second driver so me and Jennie could create more publicity? What a stupid idea. I looked over to Jennie who has already agreed and was smiling, I knew she was dangerous and would do things to ruin my career and stuff. Then I looked over to Toto who just stared back at me, guess I have no choice but to agree to this demand.

Time skip to 2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

The season went on and everything happened just as planned. Every race, I have to pretend I made a mistake or have a poor start so that Lewis could win most of the races. Out of the 20 races, I have only managed to win 3 races and finished third in the championship. For most of the race, I have to pretend that I was very sad because of my mistakes during the race costing me the win so that YG and Jennie could create more publicity from sports magazine.

Currently it's the end of the season in Abu Dhabi and I am talking to Ted Kravitz for the end of season review and Jennie was also in shot with me doing the interview.

Ted: So Y/N you have had a lot of bad luck this season, how gutted are you to lose out on the title like that?

Y/N: Obviously it's not what I want but the team still managed to bag the constructors champion so guess there's still some positive to take from there.

Ted: Also, we have seen your beautiful girlfriend travel around the world to every race, just how big of a morale and physical support does she give you.

Y/N: Ummmm...... She's been really good to have around I guess, cheering me up after all those mistakes I made on track.

Ted: Final question, your future with Mercedes is uncertain. Could you give us any insight to are you going to stay with the team after a terrible season with them.

Once Ted asked me that question, my mind went blank. I realised that my contract with Mercedes is ending. That means, I could be let go of this stupid publicity show that Toto and YG put me in. I shook my head and left the interview as quickly as I can. I need to go and sort out my contract situation and start looking for a new team.

While I was walking, I accidentally bumped into someone. When I looked up, I saw my good friend from GP3. Charles Leclerc.

Charles Leclerc: Y/N, it's been a while.

Y/N: Sorry Charles, got to go sort out my contract.

Charles Leclerc: Ah yes you don't have a drive next season right? 

Y/N: Yes Charles, I'm thinking of leaving Mercedes.

Charles Leclerc: Why, they are the best team on the grid.

Y/N: Publicity scandals, you'll understand next season.

Charles Leclerc: How about you join me at Ferrari next season, I'll give you a recommendation to Mattia Binotto. He's looking for a replacement for Vettel too.

Y/N: Really? You'd do that for me?

Charles Leclerc: Yeah Y/N we are bros aren't we. 

Y/N: Thank you so much Charles, I owe you a big one.

Jennie POV

Why did Y/N run off like that. He's been neglecting me lately. We need to keep this publicity thing going on or else YG will not get many hits if we stop acting clingy in front of cameras. I kept walking around the paddock trying to find Y/N. While I was walking I hear someone mention Y/N's name. I see a very handsome guy and an old guy speaking. I decided to spy on their conversation since they might know where Y/N has gone.

 I decided to spy on their conversation since they might know where Y/N has gone

???: So you sure Y/N wants to sign for us?

???: Yes he's my bro and I've just talked to him.

???: Tell him to come to Maranello next week and we'll sort the paper work then. Y/N and you could really fight for the title.

That's all I heard. Is Y/N signing for a new team? That means our collaboration and publicity strategy is done. I need to find some way to keep Y/N in his current team so we can continue this marketing strategy and most importantly I can keep showing off that Y/N is mine.

And that's another chapter. I don't know if you are aware I have a new blog sort of book where I rant random stuff about football or f1. If you are interested here's the link  https://www.wattpad.com/story/262052073-jezza%27s-blog

What do you think Jennie has up her sleeve? Comment about what you think about this chapter and don't forget to vote. Let's try and get to 150 votes before Easter. Thank you guys so much for the support on this book.