Already Hooked

It had been a few weeks. It was now January 15th, a Saturday. Coiny's nose had fully healed by then. He got to meet Taco when hanging out with Blocky once. She was a nice gal. Other than that, life lived on pretty normally. Getting work done, hanging out with friends. It was relaxing.

Coiny scrolled through his phone contacts. As he scrolled, a name caught his eye. Fries. He hasn't spoken with him since December, during winter break. Maybe he should call him again?

He was about to press on Fries' contact when he got a text. It was from Pin.

Pin: Hey coiny!

Coiny: oh hey pin, what's up?

Pin: I was kind of bored, so I was wondering if you wanted to eat out somewhere

Coiny paused, thinking for a second.

Coiny: sure. Can I invite someone else though?

Pin: only if you pay too 😏

Coiny: damn you lmao. Fine, I'll do that

Pin: Who are you inviting?

Coiny smirked, deciding to keep it a surprise. Pin and Fries have never met, so it'd be interesting to see how that would go.

Coiny: It's a surprise ;)

Pin: meet me at the culvers

Coiny: Gotcha

Coiny slid out of the text app and went back to his phone contacts. He tapped on Fries' contact. His phone started to ring.

Fries' phone rang. He sighed, annoyed. He looked at his computer monitor, his essay sitting there. He groaned and slid his chair over to his phone. He didn't look at who was calling. "Hello?"

"Fries! It's me, Coiny."

"Oh. You. What is it?" Fries asked, sliding back to his keyboard.

"I was gonna go out to eat with someone. Wanted to ask if you want to join?"

Fries let out a deep breath. He was tired of working on this essay. It was about noon, he thought he could spare some time. "Y'know what, sure. Where are you going to eat at?" He jumps out of his chair and goes to his dresser to grab some socks.

"Just by the nearest Culver's. You know where that is?"

Fries grabbed black socks. "Yup."

"Great! See you then, Fries."

Fries turned off his computer and walked out of his room, down the stairs and towards the garage. He slipped on his red and black sneakers. "Where are you going, darling?" His mother asked from another room.

"I'm just gonna eat somewhere." He shouted back.

"Stay safe, okay?" Fries grabbed a maroon puffer jacket.

"Yeah."

He stepped into the garage. He zipped up his jacket and opened the garage door. He stepped into his car and drove off.

-

Fries parked at the front of the building. He didn't see Coiny yet. The only person he saw outside was a girl. She seemed to be as old as him. She also seemed to be waiting for someone, too. He wondered who.

She had a small black jacket that was unzipped, revealing a red sweater underneath. She wore jeans and had a small scarf as well.

Fries stopped studying her appearance when Coiny came out of the blue. He greeted the girl, they both smiled at each other. The girl seemed to ask a question.