They're Back

Coiny walked through the bustling streets of the city. He needed to take a break after all the crazy shit that happened the past two days. His auntie let him skip school for today.

He looked at all the people, taking pictures, exploring buildings and looking at landmarks.

He walked through the crowd by himself, hands in his hoodie pockets and with an emotionless expression.

Even with all the things that's happened he was relieved he got to talk with Needle. If she didn't like him, he'd have to respect it and move on. Having a conversation really helped speed that process up.

He put up his hoodie. He felt safer that way. Even if he was limited with spare change he was gonna have a good time to make up for the past few days. Although it was a bit mixed cause he felt privileged doing this. Spoiled, even. He sighed and shook his head.

He can't be thinking pessimistically right now. Only positive.

He put on a smile and ran into the nearest mall, ready to explore.

-

Snowball noticed more people were avoiding him, which pissed him off. He was doing something that was completely just, and people were afraid of him.

Yeah, he wanted to be intimidating to others, but it's not fun when you can trade and mess with others first. Now nobody talked to him. Not even his old football teammates tried socializing with him. He got expelled from the football team. At lunch his usually full table now consisted of him and a few quiet others on the opposite side of the table. At the weight room nobody said anything to him.

As the day went on Snowball could feel his anger boil inside him. He noticed his ex in the halls as he was leaving. She was happily talking with another person. He didn't know who it was, and frankly, he didn't give two shits. He put on a pair of sunglasses that covered his eyes from the outside.

He stormed out of the building, and noticed Pin and Firey walking together, holding hands. Snowballs mouth formed into a frown and he got into his car and drove away immediately.

"What's his problem?" Firey asked, watching Snowballs vehicle speed out of the parking lot.

Pin stared blankly. "He'll calm down eventually." She said, not caring at the moment. A moment passed until Pin spoke again. "Also, did you see Coiny today? I didn't see him in any of our classes." Pin asked, with a slight bit of worry.

Firey felt a twinge of jealousy hit him. "No. Didn't see him." He frowned and looked away.

Pin noticed his jealousy. "Don't be jealous. You're still where my heart is at." She smiled, holding his hand tighter, and moving a bit closer to him.

Firey looked back at her. "Heh."

Pin and Firey were now really far from the school. They walked in silence through the neighborhood towards Pin's house, taking in the scenery. Their hands were no longer touching.

Pin looked at Firey, her face heating. She hesitated, before speaking. "Firey.." she whispered.

Firey looked at her. "Yes?"

Pin looked away, nervous. "Do you ever.. think about our future together..?"

Firey's mind went blank for a moment. A few imagined moments and scenarios in his mind replayed and he blushed. He kept smiling, though. "Hah.. yeah, sometimes." He grabbed Pin's hand again, and pulled it up in between their faces.

Pin stared at their intertwined fingers, dreamily.

A buzz went off in his phone. "Sorry." He apologized after letting go of Pin's hand. Both of them stopped walking. Firey got a text from his dad, Flamethrower.

His eyes widened and he froze. He could feel sweat coming down his face.

..what..?

Pin looked at him with worry. "Firey? What's wrong?" She grabbed his arm, and looked at his phone.

-

Coiny had barely any energy left. He sat down in the city park, on a bench. A few stray people finished conversing and left the park. It was open 24/7, so luckily he could stay, even if it was 9:30.

A singular street lamp lit his bench up. He had had a very chill and fun day today. He needed to head home now, though. He sighed, standing up.

He walked through the city streets, which were a lot emptier, but still had quite a bit of people. A bustle of cars wooshed by him. The wind in his face felt good. It blew his hood down.

He closed his eyes as he walked down a long and straight path. He felt peace. Like he could handle anything in his way.

He felt the smiled on his face brighten. A nearby street musicians serenaded his ears with pleasant music. The city lights gave him a sense of peace and beauty.

When he reached his car, all he could think to himself was,

"I'm back and ready for anything, world."

They were both back. But in very different ways.