The Aftermath

We didn't talk for the whole rest of the weekend. On the bus, we didn't talk. In school, we didn't talk to each other. It was now just pure awkwardness between us. I wished I never asked her out. I didn't even know she was lesbian. I feel stupid. She must like Leafy.

I'm in Geometry. It's first hour. Pin sits next to me. She is allowed to until the end of the tri, because the teacher said we were all allowed to sit anywhere until the end of the trimester.

"Rough weekend?"

I sigh. Just thinking about the weekend made me want to barf.

"Yes." I mumble.

Pin looks at me with concern. "Coiny, what happened?" She asks, touching my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it." I grumbled.

Pin frowned. "Did you ask her out?"

I don't respond. My face heats. Im shocked she guessed that.

She shakes her head. "Coiny, you have a lot to learn about relationships."

I glare at her.

"Cmon, don't give me that look. Want me to help you?"

I ignore her and look away. She laughs. "Whatever, Coiny. You'll get over it. Text me if ya want help."

At this rate, I don't think I'll ever get over it.

-

I come home after school. School was just a blur. I didn't really pay attention. I honestly don't care if I get bad grades, I probably deserve it. Maybe Firey was right. Maybe I should just kill myself.

I walk through the door. "Hey, Coiny!" Ma calls to me.

"Hey." I mumble back. She frowns.

Before she can stop me, I head for my room. I set my things down in a pile of mess. I lay on my bed.

I look around my room. The poster picture of me and Needle looks like it's taunting me. Out of anger, I walked over and ripped it.

I crumple the piece I took off and throw it in the trash.

I look back at the picture. I took about a third of the picture off. The pushpins keep it the edges of the picture on the wall. I got the middle part. Now all I see are our legs, and my right arm.

Good.

-

Needle felt bad. Really bad. Coiny avoided her all day today. He had avoided her all weekend, too. She told Leafy about her situation. Leafy said she would try and talk to Coiny.

She didn't believe her, but she was glad to be comforted. She looked at her phone.

Maybe she should try calling him.

She did. The phone rang.

Once..

Twice..

Three..

Four...

Five..

Then it stopped. The robotic female voice came and she hung up. She groaned. She basically lost a friend.

Maybe it was for the better. She didn't want it to be, but perhaps it was.

She hoped he would get over it soon. She wanted to go back to what they had before.

"Please talk to me, Coiny. I don't know what you are going through, but I just want to be friends again." Needle whispered into the air, hoping it would somehow reach him.