Unwinding

Pin couldn't believe she made it through the school day. Luckily it was Friday, so she could use the weekend to unwind and calm down from the sadness of seeing her boyfriend move away. Once she got home, she went straight to her room and took everything off, setting it down somewhere where she could deal with it later.

She pulled out her phone from her pocket. She called Firey immediately.

The phone rang.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Then Firey picked up. "Pin?" He asked, in a slightly surprised tone.

Pin had a small smile, hearing his voice. "Hey." She said. She fiddled with a strand of her silver hair.

"Hey, Pin. What's up?"

She sighed. "I miss you already." She falls over on her bed.

Firey laughed a little. "Same here, baby.", Firey seemed to kind of sigh in a more serious tone. "But now that I moved, what do you want to do about us?" He asked.

"Well.. we can still keep in touch." Pin softly spoke.

"Yes, I know-" Firey's father's voice could be heard faintly. "Okayyy, give me a sec!" Firey shouted. "Anyway, I know we can keep in touch, but online dating won't be the same. Not nearly as close as to what we had." Firey said, a bit saddened.

Pin frowned. She was silent for a bit.

"Pin..?"

"I'm here." She spoke, barely above a whisper.

Firey sighed. "I know it's tough.. but we have to accept it. I have.. kind of." Pin turned her head away from the phone. "Besides.. you'll find a nother guy who'll be there for you. Maybe someone better than me." He let out a light hearted laugh. "Remain strong, Pin. But this chapter of our relationship ends here.." Firey choked a bit on his tears. "But- cough I have to- cough go now.- Achoo!" And he then hung up.

Pin didn't move at all. She let her hand let go of her phone, and she let her body go limp. Her mouth quivered as a few years rolled down onto her bed sheets. She tried not to whimper, as to not draw any attention from her parents. She coughed, and covered her face with a pillow.

She didn't want to let him go. Sure, they'd still be in contact, but it would never be the same as before. Never again.

-

Needle had a bright smile and blush on her face, looking down at her phone. The selfie of her and Leafy at the table together made her feel fuzzy. She was at home now, looking at it. Mostly at Leafy. Her smile and face. It was beautiful. The food wasn't exactly the greatest thing in the world, but being able to be one on one with Leafy was more than she could've asked for.

It was now late Saturday evening. She didn't have much to do. Her parents were both busy working. They had night shifts, leaving her to have the house to herself.

Her phone buzzed.

Coiny: Hows the date needy?

Needle huffed, having a small smile.

Needle: Coiny! >:(

Coiny: B)

Coiny: Nah but how was ur date?

Needle rolled her eyes.

Needle: It wasnt really a date but it was fun

Coiny: cool. Good luck with leafy, needy. She's a real catch. Especially for someone like you ;)

Needle: >:(

Coiny: n.e.way I gtg DC is calling for me

Needle: byeeee

Needle smiled at the small interaction. Even with Coiny being rejected by her, he seemed to have gotten over it and forgotten, even. She was happy she still had him as a friend. He was a really good one.

She wondered what he was doing.

-

Coiny stepped into the garage. He pressed the button, which opened up the garage to the outside. He grabbed his bike, and gloves. He always liked biking with gloves on. He had that sudden feeling to go outside in the evening. It was cool, so he wore a light, black jacket. He didn't feel like wearing a helmet right now. He wanted the wind against his hair at the moment. Hopefully that decision wouldn't bite him later.

He got on his bike and started pedaling away. The small wind in his hair felt nice already. He felt like heading up to the water tower nearby. It provided for a nice view. Wasn't anything spectacular, but good nonetheless.

He made his way up. The trail was an uphill battle all the way. Luckily the wind cooled him down. It was almost dusk once he got up on the top of the hill with the tower. He stopped his bike and looked down. At the road he trekked upwards from, and the small little field of grass. The building's around had very few vehicles left, and the houses lights were starting to shut off. Crickets jumped from blade to blade in the grass around him. Mosquitos flew around his head, which he ignored. And the stars were all slowly appearing, one by one.

He enjoyed the sight and atmosphere, but he couldn't stay long. He sighed, and hopped back on his bike.

The way back home was smooth sailing. All downhill. The wind was super nice, and he hardly had to use any energy.

He slowed to a stop in front of his house. He sighed, satisfied. The sun had just about finished setting as he put his bike back in its place, and shut the garage door, shutting the gate to another day, moving on to the next.

-

Hey. So I was pretty stuck on what to do for this chapter, so have this pretty laid back and uneventful one. Hope you liked it! But uh, I will leave it at that. Goodnight y'all.