His First Attempt

Yes, her mom was pregnant. But now with her father dying, her mother wouldn't have enough money financially to keep and afford the baby, which made her feel even worse about herself. She could've helped to keep that baby. He could've had a brother or a sister.

Her father wasn't too hard hitting, but it was for Aunt DC. Penny's father was Aunt DC's brother. She did her best to comfort her auntie while she could, but she left when Aunt DC asked for a glass of tea.

While Penny made some , she thought about the situation. Should I tell somebody? The water started to boil in the water boiler.

She took her phone out of her pocket. No, no. I shouldn't without her permission. She put the phone back in her pocket.

But she still wanted to say something. Maybe I should tell Needle. Penny didn't really know how to make tea, but she'd try her best.

She glanced at her pocket. I think I should- "OW!" She shot her hand back, away from the cup of water.

"Is everything ok in their, dear?" Aunt DC shouted.

Penny, looked at her hand. "Yeah, I'm fine!" She burned herself with the hot water. It's fine, just a little burn. She blew on it a bit and finished making the tea.

She returned to Auntie's room, where she was not crying anymore. She handed Aunt DC the tea.

She took a sip, and Penny could tell she didn't like it. But Aunt DC just put on a smile and said, "Thank you, Coiny."

Damn. Coiny thought. She is already used to calling me by that name. I'm not even adjusted fully to it yet. "Hey, Auntie, can I-"

"Hold that thought." Auntie went to the bathroom. Must've been something Penny gave her. Maybe the tea. Coiny sighed. Guess  I'll take a chance.

-

Needle said goodbye to Leafy, who was the last one to leave her house. She sighed, as she shut the door. "They're all gone now, mom!"

Her mother, Syringe, came in. "Thank you, sweety." She gave her a peck on the cheek. "I'm gonna do some work in my room, I'll be there if you need me."

Needle nodded. "Thanks Mom."

Syringe left the room. Now it was silent, except for the podcast that her dad listens to downstairs.

Needle was kind of bored. She didn't know what to do. She decided to jump on the couch and just relax, and use her phone.

She sighed, as she look around on Instagram and Twitter. Nothing really new. Nothing she liked.

Then she got a phone call. The quick pic of Coiny came up on the screen. She sat up and answered the call. "Coiny? What's up?"

"Sorry to bother you, but.. my da- I mean, DC's brother is going to die. And.. I.. just wanted to let you know."

Needle frowned, and sat up straighter. "What happened?"

"I dunno, but he was only given a week to live, and.. yeah.."

"What's going to happen to Penny, and her mother?"

Coiny paused.

"Coiny? Hello?"

"S-Sorry Needle! Uhm.. P-"

"Oh, right! You don't know who Penny is."

"What?"

"Nevermind, what's happening to the child?"

"Oh.. the, uh, baby is getting aborted."

Needle gasped. "Really?"

"Yeah.. do.. you know like.. a park around here, or something? I'd like to talk to you."

Needle couldn't bear her friend sounding like this. "Sure. I'll come over and take you someplace so we can talk."

Coiny sighed. "Thanks, Needle. I'll be waiting."

-

Needle sat down on a bench, Coiny following suit. The bench was lit by a overhead lamppost. The sun was halfway under the horizon.

"So tell me, why did you want to like.. vent this to me when you dont have any connection with them?"

Coiny sighed. He stayed silent for a while, with a few words that would be cut off. He didn't know what to say, or how to explain anything.

"Coiny, it's alright if you don't want to say anything."

"No, Needle. I want to say this.. I'm just.. struggling to find the right words." He looked down.

"Ok. I'll wait." Needle spoke, turning back to the sunset. She could see a fish jump out of the river, and crash back down into the water. It was relatively quiet, with a passerby crossing the bridge they were on once in a while.

The sun was almost finished setting. "You gonna say anything, Coiny? I have to go soon." She checked her phone. 6:23.

"Sorry." He sighed. "I just don't know if I can trust you with this.."

They've only known each other for a day, and he's already considering telling her a secret?

Finally, Coiny sighed, and seemed to blush. "Sorry, I can't trust you yet." Needle frowned. Waste of time, but at least the views were nice. "Sorry for wasting your time." He spoke, basically reading Needle's mind.

Needle giggled. "No, it's fine. I haven't been out of the house much recently."

Coiny looked back at her. "Well, I'm glad it wasn't a complete waste of time."

"Yeah, but I better get home now. I got school tomorrow and have to be prepared." Needle stood up. "Bye, Coiny!"

Coiny put his arm up weakly. "Yeah.. bye."

-

Oh shit, waddup! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Just some good old fashion bonding :-)